HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

I'm Tinted!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I'm Tinted!

Don't worry about the ticket if 35% is legal...you can be assured the officer will have a tester with him...once he sees that it is legal...he will let you go...the reason I mentioned the 50% is for night driving...I have found that the darker tints often have a reflection from equipment inside the car and it makes it a little difficult to see out...just my opinion though...once you get used to it it's not that big a deal...definately wannna see some pics...

Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Where's the pics?

Old 10-10-2006, 08:25 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

pix:

Last edited by 06hch2; 10-10-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the pics. The tint looks sharp.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Did you also tint the taillights? They look a little darker than stock taillights.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tiggere
Don't worry about the ticket if 35% is legal...
Here in PA is it more than just a ticket. You are prohibited from driving the vehicle at all until illegal tinting is removed. That means one of two things; either you have to have it towed to a removal shop, or you have to scrape it off, yourself, while sitting on the side of the road.

There was a pic in our local paper a while ago, showing some poor guy scraping off his tinting, while the officer watched.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Here in PA is it more than just a ticket. You are prohibited from driving the vehicle at all until illegal tinting is removed. That means one of two things; either you have to have it towed to a removal shop, or you have to scrape it off, yourself, while sitting on the side of the road.

There was a pic in our local paper a while ago, showing some poor guy scraping off his tinting, while the officer watched.
And there is no way the officer can make that call just by looking...he must test the tint to see if its illegal...All the local cops I have talked with have the little tester...stick it to the window and bam...it tells them what the tint is...if 35% is legal and the officer FORCED you to scrape it off I guess the next time he saw me would be in court...

P.S. your tint looks great...thanks for the pics

Old 10-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tiggere
...if 35% is legal
I think that is the "if" here.

In PA, and most other states, any extra tinting is illegal on the front door windows, as well as the windshield. I see a lot of car pics posted on the 'net with pretty dark tinting obviously on the front door windows (and thus why I mentioned it).

Old 10-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
I think that is the "if" here.

In PA, and most other states, any extra tinting is illegal on the front door windows, as well as the windshield. I see a lot of car pics posted on the 'net with pretty dark tinting obviously on the front door windows (and thus why I mentioned it).
In the case of California Laws, anything other than transparent (ie, UV/IR blocking only) tinting on the front windows or windshield (below the topmost strip) is technically illegal, its' just that if it's only a slight tint then the law is rarely enforced -- even then though, I'd rather not risk it on my own car.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:17 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

Originally Posted by exbauer
Did you also tint the taillights? They look a little darker than stock taillights.
yes. i posted a thread about it here several weeks ago.

Quick Reply: I'm Tinted!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands