HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

IMA Finally Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA Finally Replaced

Wrote another nastygram to AHM. Got a canned voicemail saying "got your letter, we have no further comments and will put it on file."
Gee thanks. Unfortunately, Lemon Laws in NYS are only for the first 20k or so, the car has around 70. Will see if BBB can help at all

Old 07-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Enthusiast

Just read this thread and I'm kind of appalled at the hoops people have had to jump through to get their IMA diagnosed and replaced. I don't know if it's because I had my car serviced at the place I purchased it, but it seems I've had it too easy. When I got to the service desk and told the service advisor that I had an IMA/CEL light he pretty much confessed that people in the area were needing their batteries replaced due to the hilliness. It was almost borderline apologetic and it felt like a foregone conclusion that my battery would need to be replaced no problem.

Originally Posted by Harold
Try using L mode on the CVT when you loss all SOC. This way the car revs and gives better power and charges the pack much faster. H
Harold, how fast do you drive under L? I was always curious about this and there's no real guidance from the manual [that I can remember of]. I usually only use it when creeping in traffic or stopped at traffic lights when first starting off and the car is still warming up...

Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Max about 40 mph. Probably could go more ,but don't like to go over 4000 rpm. I have had a couple re-cal during the hot weather so have actually tried it out to get the SOC full and it really does the job. Most of my driving is country roads and not busy traffic so no big deal as far as loss of power goes like some of the conditions some of you deal with. H