HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Integrated Roof-Mounted Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Wish I new it all!
Default Integrated Roof-Mounted Antenna

Does anyone know the reason why the HCH has a roof mounted antenna, but a regular Civic does not? Can this really help aerodynamics somehow, or does it have to be there because the batteries would mess with a rear window integrated antenna? I did some quick research online and couldn't find anything, and it has just been nagging at me.

Maybe the only purpose is so we can identify our fellow HCH owners more easily???

Old 06-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Integrated Roof-Mounted Antenna

Yes, that's it. We can see each other from a distance. Also, it will help the government when they want to round up all the hybrids and crush them like they did with the electric car!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

I never use the radio as my USB mp3 player has about 16gb of music on it. So I just removed the thing. I know it was using at least .000001 mpg and now I have a stealth HCH-I and the Feds can't find me.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Wish I new it all!

are you sure it isn't used to contact the mother ship?????

Old 06-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Hybrid Owner

I do know that 'Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft' does not fit on the screen when it comes on the XM radio.

LOL

Old 06-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

The antenna on the roof has 2 modules in it. One is for XM, which is in the base, and the other is AM which is the spike. All newer Hondas have the XM antenna mounted on the rear roof, but only the Hybrid has the AM antenna mounted on the roof. Why? The AM band is much more sensitive to the EMI that the IMA generates, so the idea was to place the antenna in a position that is as far away from the IMA and its electronics, which happens to be the roof.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Wish I new it all!

now only if I listened to AM radio or had the NAV with XM

Old 06-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orient Express
The antenna on the roof has 2 modules in it. One is for XM, which is in the base, and the other is AM which is the spike. All newer Hondas have the XM antenna mounted on the rear roof, but only the Hybrid has the AM antenna mounted on the roof. Why? The AM band is much more sensitive to the EMI that the IMA generates, so the idea was to place the antenna in a position that is as far away from the IMA and its electronics, which happens to be the roof.

I never thought of this before, but after looking at your photo, I think the HCH could be described as the Unicorn Car.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Wish I new it all!

you could always have the antenna moved to the front and rotate it 180 degrees, then paint it white, it would be awesome, IF YOU WERE A CHICK!

Old 06-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Or if your name was Decker.

Quick Reply: Integrated Roof-Mounted Antenna

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands