HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Maintenance Minder

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: Maintenance Minder

You can have your oil changed anywhere you'd like to have it changed at with no impact to your warranty.

No dealer is going to deny a warranty claim because the oil was not changed in accordance with the maintenance minder.

For example, I had some warranty work done on my HCHII at 28650 miles. The Maintenance Minder on the car was at -1245 when I brought the car in, and the only comment was to ask if I would like to have the dealer change the oil. I explained that I planned on completing the necessary maintenance at 30K, and that was the end of it.

Keep in mind that as an industry average, most 2005 and later cars now have a oil change interval of between 10K and as high as 20K miles. I have to german cars that have 15K oil change intervals.

There is no issue here.

The only situations that a warranty claim may come into question is if the car has been physically abused, raced, or wrecked.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hybrid Bob J
Can these oil changes be done someplace outside of a Honda dealership? ie JiffyLube or other?

HBJ
Can they change your oil without any concerns to your warranty? Yes, as long as you keep the receipt. Would I ever do that? Never!!!

I've read enough posts here about HONDA DEALERSHIPS putting in 5-20 oil or over filling that I would never trust a quick-lube place. The best suggestion is to change your own oil (it's easy!), but if you don't want to do that, I would suggest going to Honda. Over filling or using the wrong viscosity will hurt your fuel economy.

By the way, the HCH takes 0-20 oil. It used to be difficult to find, but more and more auto parts chains are carrying the Mobil 1 version now so you shouldn't have any problems finding it.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Hybrid Evangelist

Advance Auto Parts has 0W-20 Mobil-1 for $6.96/Qt. here in central Oklahoma