Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Maintenance Minder Reset?

Yes Monty, reset the minder to 100%.H

Old 11-22-2007, 07:24 PM

In a few months, I will need to be going in for an A1. While we are on the topic, I have 2 questions:
1. What %oil life did you go in?
2. What did you pay for A1 and did you go to a dealer or private mechanic?

THANKS!

Old 11-22-2007, 08:06 PM

Colby: My A-1 Let me know at 85% and I did the oil and tire rot. myself at 95%. This sevice does not call for a filter changed, but I drained and re-installed the old filter. I did not want that bit of old oil mixing with the new. I also used honda 0-20 oil and a new washer. H

Old 11-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for all your help. I'll reset the MM now.

I do have one more question. If the MM never gets to 15%, so I could see what codes need done. How will I know when service needs to be done?

I'll change the oil and filter every year or 8 to 10 thousand miles.
The trany fluid every 20,000 miles.
Rotate the tries every 5,000 miles.

The only sevice I'm not sure about is the spark plugs, coolant, air filter, cabin filter, and the valve adjustment. I hope I didn't miss any.

If I wrong on any of the items listed above, let me know.

I do all my own maintenance. I was able to buy 15 qts of mobil one 0W20 from Walmart for 5.00 a qt. I bought all that they had in stock since they don't stock it any more.

Again thanks for all the help.
Monty

Old 11-23-2007, 09:08 AM

Monty, that is a good guestion. I don't think there is a way to trick MM. You will have to use the old school method. The engine oil and the CVT are the main items. I believe the CVT should be done around 30000 miles? Another thing you could do, is to drive a little more! <Grin> H

Old 11-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks Harold for all your input.

What about if I change the oil and filter every year or 8 to 10 thousand miles and then use the MM for all the rest of the maintenance items.

Then I could let the MM get down to say 10 to 15% or even zero, and do what ever codes pop up on the MM at that time except for the oil and filter changes.

Does that sound like it would work?

The reason why my cars have such low miles, is because I love to walk. If I have to do something within a few miles of my house, I walk instead of driving to say more gas ( OIL ). I had a 91 Honda Civic that I bought new. It only had 103,000 miles on it after 15 years of driving when I sold it and got the 2007 Civic Hybrid.

Thanks again Harold
Monty

Old 11-23-2007, 10:29 PM

Monty, thats the way to go, use the MM for other item, good thinking. I thought of that after sending the last message. And a agree with you,walking is good for us, I do alot myself. Have a good day, H

Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 AM

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you do not know when to do specific services, because you change the oil every year and you cannot get down to 15%. This seems like an error on Honda's part. They should have it set up to make your oil life go down to 5% or something after a year has gone by since your last change. That way you could actually see what services you need. Or, they could at least put a recommended maintenance interval in the service manual like cars had before Maintenance Minder.

I bet if you ask your dealer, they can tell you what services are recommended at what millage. Of course, it is a dealership, and there is a good chance that they will tell you that you need to do more than you actually do.

Good luck!

Old 11-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Enthusiast

Colby you understood correctly. It would have been nice if Honda would have set up the MM that way so I could read the codes. Maybe I'll call Honda to see what they say about it.

Monty

Old 11-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Colby: My A-1 Let me know at 85% and I did the oil and tire rot. myself at 95%.
Originally Posted by MY HYBRID
I do have one more question. If the MM never gets to 15%, so I could see what codes need done. How will I know when service needs to be done?
What makes you believe that maintenance items don't show up until you're at 15% remaining oil life? They came up early for Harold, and I saw mine early. If you're not seeing them when you change your oil "early" (one-year period), then you don't need them done, except for the recommendations in the manual regarding certain periodical work.

Let the maintenance minder work for you, instead of trying to trick it.

Quick Reply: Maintenance Minder Reset?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands