HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Modifications

I am going to do some modifications to my Civic's interior.

- Add 3rd 12V Plug. This will be located on the back of the center console for rear passengers to plug in their Gameboys and DVD players...

- 4 USB ports on dash board to allow Blackberry, Palm Treo and other USB powered devices to charge.

- Civic in India has a passenger light on the rear headliner. Will be adding this option to both sides of the car for personal lighting for passengers.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:46 PM
IMAddicted to IMA
Default Re: Modifications

You've already done like 5 modifications,; I think you might just break the record!

Old 11-11-2007, 07:31 PM

I wouldn't do most of the modifications if Honda would just keep up with other manufactures. Honda is so worried about effecting Accord sales that they lose customers going to another manufacture anyway...

Don't get me wrong, I think the Civic is a nice looking car, but some people are looking for more than looks.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Part Time Hybrids

Post how you get USB ports in the dash please!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sungod18
Post how you get USB ports in the dash please!
Haha. Yah. That would be EXTREMELY useful for my ipod and iphone. Especially since my charger just broke. Now I have to use a power inverter and then use the ipod's power converter to bring it back to 12V. This wastes a lot of energy and produces a lot of heat and takes up a lot of space.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:36 AM

I was able to locate a USB Hub that will be perfect for the modification. I will post the pictures to this once it is complete.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
Haha. Yah. That would be EXTREMELY useful for my ipod and iphone. Especially since my charger just broke. Now I have to use a power inverter and then use the ipod's power converter to bring it back to 12V. This wastes a lot of energy and produces a lot of heat and takes up a lot of space.
Something like this ?

The 4 port USB hub is mounted below the direct TPMS monitor. Yep, pretty useful all right.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 11-12-2007, 11:51 AM

I am thinking about mouting it either at the top of the center console or under the dash where the center LED is located.

If I do the center console, I will be cutting into the plastic just enough to make it flush mount.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

If you get a center/shift console bezel from an EX-L, there is a punchout there for the heated seat switches. You could get a square 4 port hub and make a small bezel to mount it there. This is in the little rectangular tray just below the shifter.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:17 PM

hmmmm.. that does sound tempting.. I might have to think about that one. At least the ports will be closer to the multipurpose holder.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Modifications

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands