HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

My 2009 HCH Service story

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default My 2009 HCH Service story

I bought my HCH new in June 2009.

First 8-9 months of ownership were great, up to 70 MPG (imperial), never had one recal (battery crash). After that time I started to get weekly, to then daily, to then twice daily recals. Every service I complained (3 of them at dealer now) and the second service, summer of 2010, I received a software update. This helped the recals for about 2 weeks but also effected economy negatively, after the 2 weeks i was back to daily recals.

Fast forward to last week I go into Honda for a B123 service and again state that I am very unhappy with the vehicle and I know there is an issue with the NiMh battery and Honda won't admit it.
Just so happens that my service got royally buggered up and I caught the dealership (technician) in a lie (not going to discuss this just yet). I had to take it back into them and when I picked it up the Manager advised me I will be getting a new Hybrid Battery!!!! This was strange because the invoice I had that contained my complaint stated the technician tested Hybrid battery and it was ok. I know they are doing this because of the Lie I caught them in and they are trying to make me go away.

Interesting story developing here and I will update will details once my battery has been installed.

I can say once I get the new battery I am selling this vehicle and as Honda owner for 20 yrs I am walking away from them as a customer.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Hyper-Everything'er
Default Re: My 2009 HCH Service story

Man's gotta do...

Sorry to hear about your experience, but if you feel you've been wronged, you handling it the right way. It's the best way to make yourself feel like you've gotten them back.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat. After my filings are finished running their course with the authorities and Honda, I will try to sell the car as well. I still have more than a year of OEM warranty time remaining and lower miles. They probably won't give me a new battery. If they did, it would have the same issues very soon anyway...and so it goes.

I think the key is to use Honda against themselves as we start to deal these failing vehicles to other unsuspecting buyers. If a buyer questions the recals, simply tell them to take it to a dealer and ask them about it - where they will be promptly told that the car is operating normally. Beautiful.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

So it came out of service today after taking it in for them to run tests on my IMA battery and of course, nothing wrong with it.

Dropped it off and battery was totally drained, picked it up it was totally drained, didn't recharge for about 10 kms or more into my drive home.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast

I opened a case with Honda Motor of America this week. They have contacted me couple times this week to go over my case. Unfortunately they do not want to do anything about the p0420 Catalytic Converter Issue but I talked with them about IMA Battery issue. I explained to him for 35 minutes about the IMA Battery Dropping five minutes into startup and how my car has been using the conventional starter. He basically told me that the car is well out of warranty and a good faith owner warranty due to my 113,750 miles. The service manager at the dealership I bought it from has been distant with the whole situation. My guess is that he does not like when customers open cases opened with honda?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast

Could we get an update here? Have issues been resolved?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast

My car actually died. Over the past few weeks more and more lights have been coming on. First the IMA light came on and stayed on, then the check engine light and finally the battery light. Now it won't start and it's in a parking lot 20 miles from my house. The 12V battery is new and is only 5 months old, yet appears to be dead.

I have 2 years and 60K miles remaining on the OEM Hondacare warranty that I got when it was new. The dealer refuses to tow it or arrange to have it towed to them to repair - they claim that I need to have it towed.

I'd really appreciate it if someone would steal it or set it on fire right now...although in order to steal it they will need a tow truck.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Oh Boy! These horror stories just keep coming. It sounds like some Honda Dealers are Bad companies to deal with? I had a issue with mine re Aft upper control arms, so when I purchased my second car I went to Toyota and purchased a Prius! I wonder if Honda needs a shake-up? H

Old 03-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Enthusiast

I need control arms too. My service advisor said they would do them for free under warranty but warned that some people have come back with the same issues after having them replaced. I'll need to get new tires also since the rears are cupped badly...makes a roaring noise over 60mph.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

UPDATE
I went in as they requested to have it looked at and assessed as per Honda Canada, they cam eback and said nothing is wrong with it.

I throw my hands up and surrender.

Quick Reply: My 2009 HCH Service story

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands