HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

My car is appreciating.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default My car is appreciating.

Wow, I just ran the KBB value on my 2007 HCHII non-Nav with 12k miles in Excellent condition.

Private Party Value $23,460.

I think I bought it for $21k. That was before the Fed Tax Credit.

Should I sell?

nf

Old 08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Default Re: My car is appreciating.

Originally Posted by noflash

Should I sell?

nf
You're joking right? Or are you looking for something with a little more car seat space? Regardless, I think you would have a hard time actually finding someone willing to pay that (although, like they say, there's a sucker born every minute).

I think that with gas prices falling a little, the demand is going to be a little softer than KBB or Edmunds would calculate. However, if you really are going to sell, this would be a good time before the new Insight (or whatever it will be called) comes out in April (?).

Old 08-27-2008, 05:23 AM
Hybrid Evangelist

Even if your car is appreciating and you actually can sell it for that price, you'll probably spend quite a bit more than that to pick up a new HCHII because of the dealer price premiums that are being tacked on as "market adjustments"

Besides, why would you want to sell? Are you considering buying a non-hybrid that costs less?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default 07 HCHII Dealer auction pricing

for the week of 8/22 2007 Civic Hybrids are selling at dealer Auction for between $19.3K (for a ratty one) to over $22K for a primo one.

This is like the old days for Hondas where you could buy one new, use it for a year or two, and then sell it for what you paid for it.

But why would you sell your Civic anyway?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 AM

We have a 2nd kid on the way -- due in Feb. We may have to do the minivan thing with our growing family and grandma and her wheelchair moving to town.

I was going to wait (and I prob still will), but gas prices will be lower in Jan/Feb/Mar and so will the price of my car.

nf

Just pondering...

Old 08-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Hybrid Evangelist
Default Honda Odessey LX

Base model Odessey LX
My 2009 Odyssey
LX Automatic Transmission

Base MSRP*:
$26,255
Destination & Handling: $670
MSRP including selected accessories: $26,925

Old 08-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Enthusiast

Funny, just sold my 07 HCHII for an 06 BMW 325i. I purchased new for $20,700 with tax credit (basically paid for TTL) and I sold to CarMax for $19.5k exactly 1 year and ~20k miles later. I could have sold my car private party for at least another $1500 or more but I didn't want to go through the hassle. Not shabby at all considering 1st year depreciation is usually the biggest.

Reason I sold was that I started carpooling with 3 other people on my 100 mile per day commute to work. Originally sold an 04 Acura TL for the HCHII when I started my current job a year ago. Now that I drive 100 - 200 miles per week rather than 500, wanted something more fun again. Started casually looking and found the 325i with 27k miles certified pre-owned for $23.5k. Seemed like it was a perfect time to buy given gas prices going down, demand for HCHII high and low used car prices on non-hybrids. Also, the car was a bit too underpowered with 4 grown adults on my very hilly commute.

I really enjoyed my HCHII and averaged ~46-48 mpg (non-hypermiler but conservative) with AC on half the time. If things change with carpool situation, I'd definitely consider a HCHII again.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by 2007Civic4Me
Funny, just sold my 07 HCHII for an 06 BMW 325i. I purchased new for $20,700 with tax credit (basically paid for TTL) and I sold to CarMax for $19.5k exactly 1 year and ~20k miles later. I could have sold my car private party for at least another $1500 or more but I didn't want to go through the hassle. Not shabby at all considering 1st year depreciation is usually the biggest.

Reason I sold was that I started carpooling with 3 other people on my 100 mile per day commute to work. Originally sold an 04 Acura TL for the HCHII when I started my current job a year ago. Now that I drive 100 - 200 miles per week rather than 500, wanted something more fun again. Started casually looking and found the 325i with 27k miles certified pre-owned for $23.5k. Seemed like it was a perfect time to buy given gas prices going down, demand for HCHII high and low used car prices on non-hybrids. Also, the car was a bit too underpowered with 4 grown adults on my very hilly commute.

I really enjoyed my HCHII and averaged ~46-48 mpg (non-hypermiler but conservative) with AC on half the time. If things change with carpool situation, I'd definitely consider a HCHII again.
Wow, that is funny. B/c, I traded in a 2006 BMW 325i for my 2007 HCHII.

nf

Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!

No flash - bbs RGR's on the 325i in black chrome?

mmmmmm

Old 08-28-2008, 10:03 AM

Sometimes, I quietly cry to myself.

Who knows maybe in 10 years, I'll have won the lottery and I can have an Active Hybrid Diesel M3.....

Quick Reply: My car is appreciating.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands