HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

New owner in COS this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default New owner in COS this weekend

Hello everyone,

I'm am pleased to share that this weekend I'll finally be taking delivery of my 07 Silver Navi HCHII just in time for my 29th bday. I began researching new cars in September and by the end of that month, I'd made up my mind. After researching metro areas v. my local dealership here in Colorado Springs, I found that waiting only ten to 12 weeks would get me the vehicle I really wanted. Placed an order on 10/21 and with the delay of the blizzards we've had here in Colorado, the end is finally here...or is it the beginning?

I know many of you are picky and detail-oriented, as I've read in many of the posts here...I am also. A wealth of information has been shared and I think it's really cool. One thing I'd like to ask if any of you've come across this: when you purchased your HCH, did your dealership have their own "logo" or "branch location name" decal placed on the back of your trunk lid?

As stupid as this sounds, I really don't want their advertising sticker on my car. And as silly as it is, should I be unsuccessful in having them accept my request of refraining from putting their decal on my new car, what product could I use to personally remove it myself without damaging the paint or trunk/decklid? Dare I take a razor to it and scrape it right off??? Um...no!

I'm excited to join this unique group of people around our country - it sounds like all you HCH parents are having a great time. Thanx for your stories...mine will soon follow.

MyFirstHy

Old 01-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default Re: New owner in COS this weekend

My dealership (Immke Northwest) only had a license plate frame. That came off about three weeks ago, when I had the winter detail done and my new plates went on.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default No free advertising!

A hair dryer, and some 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover will take the vinyl sticker right off.

Welcome to the board and to your Honda Hybrid experience. I think you will like it.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

That has been a pet peeve of mine for every single car I purchased. In the past I asked them not to stick their vinyl decal they still did it. So, now I don't even fret over it any more. As soon as I drive off the dealership with the car, I stop and remove the "print". While fresh it just peels off very easily.

If by any chance the print has dried then a wax/tar remover used for auto paint care or even a 3M product like Gary sugested will get that print softned enough to be removed with a rag without damaging the clear coat.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 01-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Enthusiast

Our car did not come with any dealer-identifying markings on it. We have since gone over to the "dark side" ( -- tongue in cheek, everyone!!) of vanity plates, and have a lovely one on our HCHII. FWIW, our other car, purchased new in November 2002 (A Jetta TDI 5 spd with MPG nearly as good as the HCH) did not come with dealer stickers either, and it was delivered literally into our drivewayl.

Welcome -- you will enjoy your new car immensely. I love my HCHII, and have *never* owned a car that got less than 40mpg highway -- it's just how I am. However, this car is the first (well second, after the aforementioned Jetta) that allowed me to have some creature comforts AND high mileage....

Old 01-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I asked for no exterior emblems on the car and got none.

I did get two license plate frames, a sticker under the hood, and a sticker under the gas tank door!

Congrats on your fine purchase. Please let us know how your HCHII does in four feet of snow.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome to the board! I'm also an HCHII owner in COS (can I get some more acroymns please?) and pretty new to the board. It has been a great resource so far.

It's technically my wife's car but since she works from home, I drive it as much as she does. So far, I've only been able to get about 40mpg on my commute (Stetson Hills to Briargate), but it's short and hilly. My best is a trip to LODO where I got 69.1mpg on the way up there (75 miles). Gotta love trips that drop a thousand feet of elevation--too bad they always require a return trip!

Did you get yours from Front Range? We got ours from Burt Kuni in Denver and the sticker is still on. I keep thinking about pulling it though--we'll own the car for a long time and I don't really want to end up with a clear-turned-yellow-from-UV sticker from a Denver dealership several years from now. Maybe I'll pull it tonight when I put the plates on.

Cheers,
Kristian

Old 01-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Enthusiast

I made sure that when I picked my car up this past weekend no dealer emblems were put on the car. I also dropped off license plate frames the day I put the deposit on the car to avoid their frames.

I have been reading this board for a while, thanks to everyone who posts, it helped me in my decision to buy.

Im still on my first tank of gas. I've gone 245 miles and average 41 mpg.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Enthusiast

Kristian - my CO pal - thanx for writing. I have a story for ya if you are interested; I had quite a negative experience at Burt Kuni Honda. Unfortunately, my experience here at FRH is also not as good as it started out. If ya like, shoot me an email and I'll fill you in.

So what color did you get and how long have you had your HCHII? Looking forward to my silver Navi...

Peter

Old 01-04-2007, 09:45 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Thumbs up Re: New owner in COS this weekend

Shelly D,
Please post a pic of your vanity plates!

Quick Reply: New owner in COS this weekend

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands