HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Ordered a new 08

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ordered a new 08

Yes I've noticed prices jump the last week or so. Probably due to the huge jump in oil prices. I suspect that the demand for fuel efficient cars is going to also keep increasing. I think the price you got is fair and is reflecting current supply and demand. Have fun with your new ride.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Ordered a new 08

I just purchased my HCH II a couple weeks back -- Alabaster Silver Metallic with Blue interior, and I LOVE it. I got mine for sticker plus $250 dealer fee... but AHFC has a great deal goin on Civics, and it doesn't exclude hybrids (only CNG) -- so I got 2.9% financing! Make sure you ask for it if you have decent credit (mine was 717)

Old 06-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hmm. At times I think Canadians are getting ripped-off on the higher MSRP here, but now I can see how Americans get hosed on so-called "market adjustment". This practise on new car sales is not allowed in Canada. But I suspect you guys are being conned into paying more than you have to. They'll take more money from you because they think you can bear it.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast

OK. Two quick questions. I am thinking of having VentureShield (a clear plastic type film) for paint protection and window tint (probably a cermic based product like Pinacle FormulaOne designed to not interfere with electronics) added to my 08 Hybrid. The VentureShield is going to cost me $499 installed and the tint is going to be around $300. For sure I am going to get the tint but I am not sure about the VentureShield. Both products have a lifetime guarantee. What do you all think? Worth it? Or should I just stick with touch up paint? Thanks.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Hybrid Owner

I've seen a few 4-5 year old cars with similar applications and personally I think they look worse than the chipped paint. That's my opinion, though.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think tint is a great idea if you are in a hot climate. Otherwise it's a bit of a waste of $$, IMO. Wouldn't pay $500 for plastic on my car. Check Ebay, there are similar pre-cut for your car do it yourself kits for $25 or so.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mattiesettlement
OK. Two quick questions. I am thinking of having VentureShield (a clear plastic type film) for paint protection and window tint (probably a cermic based product like Pinacle FormulaOne designed to not interfere with electronics) added to my 08 Hybrid. The VentureShield is going to cost me $499 installed and the tint is going to be around $300. For sure I am going to get the tint but I am not sure about the VentureShield. Both products have a lifetime guarantee. What do you all think? Worth it? Or should I just stick with touch up paint? Thanks.
If that kind of money is no big deal, go for it, but it's over-priced in my opinion.

Tint should run 200-250 with a good film, for all the windows, but may vary by location.

The paint protection is a complete shot in the dark. They are probably going to cut pieces from rolls. I did my previous car myself with a pre-cut kit of 3M polyurethane (front of hood, front of fenders and side mirrors). The kit was $80-90, and it was not too bad to install, but you need some manual dexterity, patience and a lot of the spray solution. It looked fine, and really was not visible unless you looked for it.

I have not looked for the kit for the Civic, but judging by the shape of the front, it should be even easier.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Why would you want your car to look like your grandmother's sofa with the plastic slipcovers?

Old 06-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Excited to have it!

I also ordered a silver, but without navi. I went through AAA a couple of weeks ago and got a good price (<$ 50 above Edmunds.com TMV and >$1000 below MSRP) locked in with deposit.

It's on a ship now and should be delivered to the house on the 23rd. No dealer BS and a good price, so if you are a AAA member I suggest it.

I spoke withe rep today and he said if you order one now, you might get it in July! For a Prius, he said August! The demand for hybrids has skyrocketed in the last month. The prices are going up with demand, too.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pascha
I also ordered a silver, but without navi. I went through AAA a couple of weeks ago and got a good price (<$ 50 above Edmunds.com TMV and >$1000 below MSRP) locked in with deposit.
So what was your final price?

Quick Reply: Ordered a new 08

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands