HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

"Playing the PinBall.. ..Personal best Played"

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default "Playing the PinBall.. ..Personal best Played"

"Lookie here ....

.... Oh Yeah".

Bringin' on that "Big 5-0 point 0 Baby" !!!!

Got the call late Thru. afternoon to come help a long time working stiff bro, gone self employed, to throw down some 18x18 stones. Phil started the converastion by asking if I had a few certain tools still in the back of the work truck. Well needless to say from then on, untill I put my butt in the drivers seat late this afternoon for the ride home it was nothing but the "Nuggings-n-Ribbings"as to what the ol' "PinBall" could handle compared to my work crusin' beaters of the past.

One of the best of many on the day:

When I made note that I was going to head out to the wheels, and get a piece of Trident, Phil keyed back with the comment, "Johnson. There's enough room for a pack of gum? Your a lucky man".

Nothing heard but a LOL from all.

Pretty cool how the numbers started the playing out for this, the filling for the third go-around ( i do need to check the toal on the o.d. sometime ), considering I miscalulated what was left in the tank before heading home Fri., and ( true story ) ran out of gas giving it the throtle as "T-Privus" was coming up close behind me. Who'da thought.

Anyway, the mpg was set just under 43.0 & the miles no higher than 20 as I pulled out for the drive this morning. Running cold with the several stops & lights, plus two lane hills the avg. dropped to 38.3, and when I got to the work site, 41.4 was showing. Even with the low miles, and being the rookie that I am, any thoughts of getting close to the 45.0 before the "Curse of the Devil-Privus" on this tank were nil-n-void.

Well, lo & behold, I do belive I am gettiing the touch to the foot feed. "Seems to be the Gas" ( pardon the pun, lol ) to give the steady/smooth push up, over & down the crest of the hill before getting into all that "EV Jazz". So much so, That when the time came to take the last 6-7 miles on the interstate, I opted for the country frontage road where I pulled out the last couple tenths. Can't say how many times I gained a tenth by taking the 90 degrees turns doing the "Regen w/ the Trans", but it worked !!!!

With no doubt, graditude for the phone call.

John

p.s. Phil says he going to buy a "HCH II" to use has a gangbox for his 3500 flatbed. LOL again. The world is about "Friends & Humor".

Last edited by nitrojohnny; 10-28-2006 at 08:32 PM.