HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: What is your normal Navi-Radio screen on when you are driving?
On the Maps?
63.64%
On the Audio-Radio Panel?
27.27%
On the Clock?
9.09%
I don't use the Navi-Radio when the car is in motion!
0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

A Question for HCH factory Navi users

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default A Question for HCH factory Navi users

What screen do you usually have your Navi-radio on when you are using the car?

Maps?

Audio?

Clock?

TV?

So, Why?

Old 01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: A Question for HCH factory Navi users

or my normal in town driving, and commute to work it is on audio-radio. When I don't know where I am going or traveling out-of-town, then the map stays on.

There's a TV option? Where?

Old 01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It depends. I like having it on maps in case I need a route in a jiffy. But then I also like the clock display if you don't press okay. I haven't figured out how to bring the clock display back when you finally press "ok" to the maps legal warning.

When I want to change the radio, sometimes I like to see the radio screen.... otherwise I just use my presets.

I would like if Honda would allow modifications to the button layout though. I don't understand why Honda didn't use one button to cycle through the audio choices. Audio Button should have been AM/FM/FM/XM/XM/CD/AUX/CF why use a dedicated XM/CD button?

Old 01-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Energy Independence

Maps, for me! (Sometimes Radio, if I'm playing MY Cd's or using the card-reader.)

I like the maps, because sometimes I forget to make this ONE turn on my commute (Hard to believe I STILL do this at least at few times a year, with the same commute for 5 years.)
If I happen to look at the screen shortly after this brain-disconnect, I'll notice I'm heading Southwest instead of West. I then correct this grievous error more quickly than if I just happen to notice "Hey, that desert isn't on my way to work!"

Old 01-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Enthusiast

Does anyone know how to get rid of the beeps on the navi radio? It is sooooooo annoying that my wife refuses to ride in my car.....I hate them too. Every button you push on the the unit...beep....beep....beeep

Old 01-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

arbittan: The clock can be found in the setup. I dont recall the exact location, but it should be below the auto/day/night setting for the navi. I like the clock setting though.