HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Steady decrease in FE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Steady decrease in FE?

THE ONLY THING I KNOW IS THERE IS NOT A RECALL ON THE BACK CONTROL ARMS BUT

IF YOU GO TO THE DEALERSHIP AND YOU DO NOT GET A RETARD LIKE I DID WHO TRIED TO TELL ME THAT TIRE PRESSURE AND ALIGNMENT ISSUES WERE MY PROBLEM WHEN I KNEW THEY WERE NOT

BASICALLY IF YOU GO THERE WITHOUT THE SERVICE REPORT I BELIEVE ITS CALLED AND WITHOUT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK YOUR SCREWED

BUT DO THIS ANYONE READING THIS FORUM WITH AN 06-07 CIVIC HYBRID OR NOT

TAKE YOUR CAR IN AND SEE IF YOUR LOCAL DEALER KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS

SERVICE BULLETIN- Rear suspension(replace rear control arms)

it would look something like that if i find a link for it ill post it
but im having mine replaced tomorrow im not sure if alot of people know about this yet but it is one reason after a while the tires are having un-even ware on the tires therefore you are not getting the gas milage you were getting when you 1st got the car.

i drove a new 08 and i got about 45 or better while i was driving it i averaged about 55-55 to tell you the truth but i was driving it only for a day i borrowed one

hope this helps

Old 02-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thanks. I've been noticing a decrease in FE as well. I just assumed it was because of the cold temps and my 15% oil life. I'm at the dealer right now and will make sure they checked this. Hopefully it was just the oil and weather.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Enthusiast

whenever you do this BE PREPARED TO GO THROUGH HELL AND ALOT OF ARGUING BECAUSE HONDA SERVICE MANAGERS ARE TRAINED TO NOT TAKE A LOSS FOR PARTS AND WHAT NOT

I SPENT 2 HOURS AND ACCOMPLISHED THEM LOOKING AT MY CAR AND PULLING IT DOWN AND TELLING ME THE NOISE I WAS HEARING WAS FROM MY TIRES

I ALREADY F-N NEW THAT BUT ANYWAY

SORRY IF I SEEM FRUSTRATED I HAVE JUST SPENT HOURS AND DAYS ARGUING WITH THIS HONDA DEALER ABOUT THIS PROBLEM HOPEFULLY YOURS IS MORE HELPFULL BUT HAVE THIS REPAIRED BEFORE 24K

Old 02-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Hybrid Owner

Caps...they keep your head warm
Caps...they save your broken teeth
Caps...they close your bottles
Caps...they make it easier to read
Caps...they are your friend
Caps

Thank You, Thank You

Don't forget to tip your waiter on the way out

Old 02-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast

sorry i have a caps addiction

Old 05-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

To comment on my original post- if you see such a large drop in FE- check your oil and make sure it's actually 0W20. Anything else will kill fuel economy..Not all dealers are familiar with our cars enough to understand how critical it is.. Mods, any chance we could add this information to a sticky or FAQ?

Old 05-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Enthusiast

I put on studded winter tires and it reduced my economy by about 4-5MPG but what really cost me was warming up the car during the drive. The biggest issue as I see it is that until everything is warmed up regenerative braking doesn't function but the car continues to use battery. The result is lower battery level and forced regen after the car does warm up. You also loose auto stop until the car is completely warmed up. I had tanks with FE as low as 33 mpg this winter. These kinds of numbers only occured when it was colder than -20F in the mornings but that isn't all that rare in Alaska in the winter. My current tank is 46.2 so while the economy significantly reduced during the winter months, (so is everybodies) it recovers and my overall economy is just under 40 mpg. My truck drops from 14 down to 11 in the winter as well. I caught myself being ticked that I was only getting an average of 35mpg this winter until I sat back an realized there aren't even a handful of cars that can claim that gas mileage in the city under ideal conditions.