HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Steering Wheel Cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Steering Wheel Cover

Has anyone tried the OEM Steering Wheel Cover? How is the fit? Was it hard to put on? Is it holding up well?

I put 160 miles a day on my HCH II and am not a big fan of the rubber feel of the steering wheel.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: Steering Wheel Cover

Yes, I agree. The rubber feeling is not very good for me either. That's why I ordered one from www.hondapartsdeals.com and I installed it this last week.

It is a significant improvement and it definitley looks great. I highly recommend it.
It took me about 45 minutes to fit it in. The instructions that came with it really made the job look easy and very professional.

regards;

MS

Last edited by msantos; 07-07-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I installed mine too. It is what it is...a steering wheel cover. I am waiting till the ebay market has the Si steering wheel so I can swap them. I like the 3 spoke design more than the 2 spoke. Plus the leather and sitching on there cannot compare to any job on the leather steering wheel cover on ours...professional or not IMO.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Enthusiast

Yes. It has an excellent fit, took me less than an hour to install, and looks as good as the day I installed it.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Cool - thanks everyone for all the info - guess now I know how to spend my $25 off coupon from saccucci!

Old 02-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Enthusiast

You guys must all be excellent seamstresses (seamsters?). I bought it with the expectation that it would take about an hour...3 hours later, I have the steering wheel cover installed. MY GOD was that frustrating. I have fat hands so I suppose that made it worse that it needed to be. You can hardly see what you are doing and there were plenty of times where I skipped a hole and had to go back 2 sets of holes to fix it.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:31 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

true. you miss a hole, you're focked.
after missing a hole the first time and screwing it up, i unraveled the whole thing and held a flashlight behind it the second time so i could see the light shine thru the holes.

Last edited by 06hch2; 02-25-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I tried and gave up and threw the thing away in frustration.

Some day I'll have the dealer install one.
I expect it will cost over $300.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I know about the fustration and it took me 2x to get it to the way I like it. Another option is to switch it out for a Si steering wheel. I like that one more since it has 3 spokes instead of the fat 2 spokes. Keep you eye out on eBay for one.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

I have bought the leather steering whell cover for the civic, and also bought one from Honda for our '00 accord. I especially like how the cover adds a little thickness to the wheel.

The Honda cover does hold up well - after 7 years on the accord, it still pretty much looks new.

It does take patience to install, but it's doable.

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Cover

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands