HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Uh-oh, this doesn't look good

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 03:28 AM
1 tank at a time ...
Default Uh-oh, this doesn't look good

After nearly 7000 miles of extremely pleasant driving, my '07 HCH-II has decided to throw a bit of a scare into me. Coming home from dinner last night the entire left side of the instrument panel lit up like a Christmas tree and the IMA subsystem went off-line. So it's into the dealer today to see what exactly the problem is.

Not what I expected from my first Honda, that's for sure. Hopefully it is something minor - I'll report back once I find out.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Uh-oh, this doesn't look good

Good luck.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

I suspect your problem falls into an already familiar trend with some of our 2007 HCH owners. If you search through the recent postings you'll notice a few clues on what to expect in terms of downtime - if my guestimate is right.

In any case, please let us know what thew solution was.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 03-20-2007, 11:15 AM
1 tank at a time ...

Thanks - I didn't see the other thread last night but there it is at the top of the second page. Doesn't sound terribly encouraging and of course this morning the only light that was on was the check engine light.

The dealership I took the car to isn't the one where I bought the car - it's one of those places that tacks $3500 in grossly inflated dealer options to every car on the lot (and $5K "market adjustment" to every Fit on top of that). Why'd I takee it there? 2 miles from my house. Guess I will hope for the best, they are a repeat President's award winner for whatever that is worth. They *say* free loaner cars and I have the HondaCare extended warranty to boot so I should be able to get a car if they need to keep it for a while.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Ron, these things will happen even with the best of brands. I sure hope the dealership you take the car to for service treats you right, as all should.

In my own personal experience, I have two other dealerships closer to me but I opted for servicing my HCH-2 at one that is a little farther simply because they are more competent and honest in their work and rates. Besides, allowing the customers to view the work being performed trough a CCTV in their waiting room helps a lot too.

I did the same for my Prius, saddly I ended up choosing a dealership that is not the closest to me either, simply because not all dealerships have either the respect or the right attitude towards their customers.

Good luck.

MSantos

Old 03-20-2007, 11:40 AM
1 tank at a time ...

I figured I've give the service department a chance to prove they were better than the sales department. I had to go 250 miles to find a dealer that would sell me one under invoice (and give me an unexpectedly good trade on a 110K mile 2000 Focus) - but taking the car back to them for emergency service is not an option.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Green Machine

sounds like you have the 2007 HCH-II sensor problem also.... check the thread https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...t=10393&page=3

i just updated since I received my car back from the dealer

Old 03-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rboerger
I figured I've give the service department a chance to prove they were better than the sales department. I had to go 250 miles to find a dealer that would sell me one under invoice (and give me an unexpectedly good trade on a 110K mile 2000 Focus) - but taking the car back to them for emergency service is not an option.

Every Honda dealer honors the warranty, no matter where you bought it. They HAVE to. Buy where you get the best deal, service where convenient. That simple..........

Old 03-20-2007, 08:44 PM
1 tank at a time ...

Looks like I have the same problem as reported in the other thread. A defective rotor assembly needs to be replaced, transmission has to be pulled out to do it, won't get the car back until Thursday which is OK as I have to hop on a plane for a couple of days anyway.

What's not encouraging is that this seems to be a pretty common problem given the small sample size of posters here and relatively small number of units sold. Hopefully Honda will do a recall so that people can get the problem fixed before they're on vacation somewhere and *boom* there it goes.

Interestingly the service rep said it wouldn't hurt to drive the car for a few days if I didn't have time to have it fixed now. Nice to know but who wants to drive a hybrid where the IMA subsystem doesn't work?

Thanks to all for their comments.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rboerger
After nearly 7000 miles of extremely pleasant driving, my '07 HCH-II has decided to throw a bit of a scare into me. Coming home from dinner last night the entire left side of the instrument panel lit up like a Christmas tree and the IMA subsystem went off-line. So it's into the dealer today to see what exactly the problem is.

Not what I expected from my first Honda, that's for sure. Hopefully it is something minor - I'll report back once I find out.
That sounds like a hassle. OK, let's fast forward a bit and this happens a month out of warranty. YIKES!!! Whatya figure that'd run? I wouldn't want to guess. Now, let's try this with extended warranty. You'd feel the same as you do having to take it in today....

Quick Reply: Uh-oh, this doesn't look good

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands