HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

What do you think about the Hybrid's wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default What do you think about the Hybrid's wheels?

I really how clean my wheels stay on my Honda Civic Hybrid. My Mercedes wheels would get dirty almost the second I finish clean them.

It could be the design of the closed patterned wheel or that Honda does not use ceramic based pads. I know Mercedes uses the softest pads on their cars to enhance a quiet ride/braking.

What are your thoughts on the wheels on your Honda Civic Hybrid?

Old 11-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What do you think about the Hybrid's wheels?

I used to despise them, but as you note, they do keep the brake dust off since they are more enclosed. So they're certainly practical.

Even aesthetically they've grown on me. I kinda like them now, even though I recognize that they are ugly by almost any wheel design standard. It's an easy way to identify the hybrid version of the Civic, but I'd imagine the vast majority of people out there don't know that.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Soybean
I used to despise them, but as you note, they do keep the brake dust off since they are more enclosed. So they're certainly practical.

Even aesthetically they've grown on me. I kinda like them now, even though I recognize that they are ugly by almost any wheel design standard. It's an easy way to identify the hybrid version of the Civic, but I'd imagine the vast majority of people out there don't know that.

agreed!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I agree with you as well, Soybean. H

Old 11-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I should mention, that my snow tire are on spoked wheels, but I cant wait to get the pie plates back on. I don't care for the dunlaps however. H

Old 11-02-2007, 04:09 PM
IMAddicted to IMA

Personally, I LOVE the Honda Civic wheels. Super cool looking

I just saw a Honda Civic COUPE today wuh the HCH wheels. Mind you, that the HCH only comes in Sedan, not coupe. The car I saw, I think, may have had halogen lights. So...I think that the person who bought the car probably just liked the HCH wheels, and used them to make his car "cool."

Or maybe...it is a secret Honda hybrid CR-Z prototype!!!

Old 11-02-2007, 04:09 PM
IMAddicted to IMA

Personally, I LOVE the Honda Civic wheels. Super cool looking

I just saw a Honda Civic COUPE today wuh the HCH wheels. Mind you, that the HCH only comes in Sedan, not coupe. The car I saw, I think, may have had halogen lights. So...I think that the person who bought the car probably just liked the HCH wheels, and used them to make his car "cool."

Or maybe...it is a secret Honda hybrid CR-Z prototype!!!

Old 11-02-2007, 04:12 PM

We should poll this question. Does anyone know how to do that?

Old 11-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default The HCHII wheels suck!

Not only do they look horrible, they are mated with some of the worst tires known to man. They have the wrong outside diameter and cause a significant speedometer error, they have terrible tread life, and traction. They do nothing to enhance fuel economy.

As you might notice I do not have an affinity for the stock HCH tires or wheels. In fact the first thing I did when I got my HCHII home was to change out the wheels and tires with a set from a regular 8th generation Civic.

My HCHII still gets 50+ MPG on a tank, the speedometer is dead on, traction an road comfort is great, and at 20K miles, there is still 70% of the tread left. With regenerative braking I never have to use the brakes, so there is next to no brake dust.

I can't see how anyone could be happy with the pie pans. Once you try 5 spokes, you will never want pie again!

Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 PM

I love them, nice clean look.

Quick Reply: What do you think about the Hybrid's wheels?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands