3 Q's on '06 HAH (thanks for your help)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 3 Q's on '06 HAH (thanks for your help)

I routinely drive more than 50 miles with the low fuel light on because I know I have about 100 miles left when it comes on.

Once, and only once, a pump SAID it put in over 18 gallons. I doubt it, and suspect I was buying some air along with the gas. All the rest of my 50 or so tanks, the 17 gallon figure has seemed correct.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone! My gut instinct was that something was wrong with the pump. I filed a complaint with the state, so we'll see what happens.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:12 AM
Enthusiast

The most that I have ever put in the car is about 16.5 gallons, that included filling up after running out of gas.

If you have the Navi system, there is a way that you can get more info about fuel level. The "displayed" range on the trip computer is different than the "calculated" range that the car actually thinks it can go.

If you press "Menu", "Map" and "Cancel" all together for a few seconds, you get a diagnostic screen, and then if you select "unit check" you get an option for the trip computer. This brings up a screen with lots of numbers, but the two that I look at are "displayed range" and calculated range". The calculated range seems to be about 30 miles greater than displayed when you are getting low on gas.

A note about the menu/map/cancel trick - I think it is possible to alter settings by using this route, which could mess up the operation of the car. I made the mistake of asking the dealer's service guy about some fault codes I had found using this method, and he got kind of angry, basically saying that I shouldn't know about this, and that I am somehow liable if I change anything and cause a problem. Anyway, just a word of caution, good luck!

Old 10-16-2006, 09:59 AM

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing. How did you learn of this? I would really like to alter some behavioral aspects of my HAH to better suit my driving habits. Too bad I don't have a navi. I sure would like to know how to access something similar in my non-navi HAH.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast

Try googling hack honda navi or something like that, and you will find stuff. The way I found out about it originally was by googling for a way to get rid of the nag screen on the navi system that you must press OK on every time you start the car.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast

Correct. My low fuel light comes on just above E, and it takes a hair over 14.4 gallons to fill it at that point. I calculate a hair under 3 gallons to actual empty, which means at least 75 miles in the city, over 100 on the highway to bone dry.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Enthusiast

UCLA95,

I have an 07 with Nav, and it does have a card slot next to the DVD for the Nav, but it is supposed to be for "Diagnostic" use only. I don't know if it has been successfully hacked yet.

Bill