HAH has higher combined mileage than anything GM makes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HAH has higher combined mileage than anything GM makes?

Wow... that really sucks...

Old 09-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It's just autostop, so there's really nothing hybrid about it. Their new full-hybrid will be something significant, but seems a lot more complicated than anything on the market today.

Old 09-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EricGo
Romir, this is an interesting vantage point, but ..

It does not make HAH look good; it only highlights how awful GM is.
I agree! I have never looked at the HAH in that light (and I am with xcel in not being fully behind the goals of the HAH). Think about how much worse it would be if the HAH were a 4 cylinder hybrid! It might be the best car by GM by 33% or more!

Old 09-10-2005, 06:08 AM
Megageek

Originally Posted by bar10dah
I thought I heard a mention of GM making the Silverado in a hybrid? I believe it was only getting 25 mpg average. Still, better than the gas powered versions.
The EPA ratings on the Silverado Hybrid are 18/21. It still runs a 5.3L V8 so there is not much they can do to improve it too much.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Thumbs up Re: HAH has higher combined mileage than anything GM makes?

Originally Posted by Romir
Does anyone know if GM has a vehicle with better than the combined 31mpg of the (100% Toyota) Pontiac Vibe? It was the only automobile they had earlier this year (going by the top 19 they showcased in an ad) that got over 30mpg combined. If it still is their best, that makes the Accord Hybrid more efficient than anything they sell us (EPA ratings-wise anyway).

I've seen the AH singled out for using the hybrid system for power instead of fuel economy, yet it's rated better than everything the world's largest auto maker offers us? I thought this was an interesting way of looking at it. Has anyone seen this mentioned?
The 2005 Vibe manual gets 33mpg combined(auto is 31 mpg). The souped up H.O. version (GT) gets 28mpg. More impressive is the AWD version that also gets 28mpg. In 2003 when we needed a vehicle and couldn't wait any longer for FEH...the Vibe AWD was a good choice with decent space, comfort,FE, utility, and price.....

Before the FEH....I can't even think of an AWD vehicle that got FE near 30mpg.

(We lived in upstate NY with lots of snow and needed AWD!)

Nate

Old 09-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Enthusiast

Not to bust on GM more than necessary, but is the Vibe a GM make, a Toyota make or was it collaborative? I honestly don't remember.

If it is a Toyota make or collaborative make, that seems even more pathetic that they need help to even make a car with that level of fuel economy.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

It's collaborative (the 'Yota version is the Matrix). I don't think the Vibe uses a 'Yota powertrain, though - they'd probably sell more Vibes if it did