HAH spotted

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default HAH spotted

As I was coming across the I-10 in Phoenix, somewhere just north of Sky Harbor Int Airport, I saw a graphite HAH, just like mine! But no tinted windows. That's the first graphite HAH I've ever seen around here. I think that brings the total HAH sightings up to 3 for me. Definitely not a common car.

Old 12-15-2005, 04:07 AM
Default Re: HAH spotted

I've seen 3 others since May, all graphite like me-

1 with a very elderly couple getting in- I think they were ready to call 911 when I came up to talk to them.

1 on the UMD campus, by the EE building... a perfect place!

1 driving through Annapolis. He was as startled as I was to see the antenna and spoiler giveaway- would've made for a slightly humorous accident report.

I still get a little excited when I see a 7th gen Accord, then depressed when I don't see the antenna/spoiler.

Sort of related to the relative rarity of hybeids generally:
I read a blurb somewhere that since there was no track record for the HAH, State Farm simply "totalled" a HAH that got into a fender bender, even though the adjuster basically reported that only the fender needed replacing, and some paintwork. They had no idea how to deal with it. The possible bias towards simply "totalling" a hybrid has been mentioned around here before, too. I don't think the insurance companies want to deal with the "dangerous unknown" of repairing a "complex" hybrid system in some cases. They are such a small proportion of the national fleet that the additional cost of totalling is absorbed (well, by them and then us, collectively) for now, in favor of simplicity.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:29 AM

When USAA insured my car in August, they had it listed as an Accord EX. They didn't have a listing for hybrid. That's what the call center guy told me. I even checked my account online. Sure enough. Accord EX. They do, however, have my correct VIN. So I don't expect any problems.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:58 AM

that's odd. USAA has me listed as hybrid, and had no probelms adding it back in May! I wouldn't have expected your scenario from USAA.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:08 AM

Perhaps, I better check back with them just to be sure. I'd hate to have them tell me they can't cover my loss since even though they have my correct VIN, that my policy didn't cover a hybrid.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:11 AM

Just checked online, wouldn't ya know... 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid. I swear, my first set of documents said Accord EX! I even questioned the service rep because of it!

Old 01-17-2006, 10:46 AM

I saw an HAH as I was walking through a parking garage. By the time I went back to my car to get a GH flyer out of my glovebox, the car was gone!

Old 01-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Enthusiast

I have seen three different HAH's here in Kansas City within the last few weeks.

does anyone know how many HAH's were made for the 2005 model?

Old 01-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

I'm beginning to think that the Raleigh-Durham area in NC is the Hybrid Center of the Universe because there's quite a few around here. TONS more civics, but probably 4 or 5 Accords I see floating around.

It gets odd looks at the gas pumps though. And quite ANGRY looks from the SUV owners now that I stuck on the "I get 35mpg" greenhybrid bumper sticker.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Enthusiast

Okay, now I don't feel so bad. I thought I was the only one on the road, even though from purusing messages I know that there are at least two other HAHs out here in So Cal. However, in the last two weeks I have (with the help of my sister) had at least three other HAH sightings. And the other day at the tennis courts in Sherman Oaks there were five hybrids in the parking lot...two prius, one escape, one highlander and mine. The person who ownes the highlander also owns a civic hybrid, and someone else mentioned that their friend also owns a civic. So, slowly but surely....

Quick Reply: HAH spotted

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands