I feel the need for speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Contributor ($)
Default I feel the need for speed

I am borrowing a Honda Accord for a week and I just got it today.

Wow! What a fun car!

I don't know how you Accord owners manage to get decent mileage in these cars. The power compared to any other hybrid is just too enticing! I know I could get better gas mileage... if I could just stay off the accelerator. Must....resist....

Seriously though, I look forward to seeing how it does mileage-wise this week. It's nice that it has 3 seperate trip meters. That way I can check segments of the drive, as well as overall.

Congratulations to anyone geting near EPA mileage. Especially if you show off your car to friends by demonstrating the amount of acceleration it has. Quick acceleration is an mpg killer!

Old 03-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ericbecky
I don't know how you Accord owners manage to get decent mileage in these cars. The power compared to any other hybrid is just too enticing! I know I could get better gas mileage... if I could just stay off the accelerator. Must....resist....
Eric,
I call it HAH schizophrenia--which me is driving, (1) the one that bought a hybrid and is working at squeezing mpg, or (2) the one that knows how sweet it is what this baby can do in a short passing zone on a 2-lane with that pickup with stock trailer, and two cars tailgating but not passing? Keep posting your impressions?
Lewis

p.s.
Tried resetting Trip B on the morning commute after warmup and a hill climb; 30 miles at 37.3, 55-68 mph, 55 degrees, rolling hills, light traffic, and hit all the green lights.