Ipod connection?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 06:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default Ipod connection?

I just got an Ipod and a wireless FM modulator. In the driveway it sounds ok, but once I start driving I lose the channel pretty quickly. I tried a number of different stations, all with the same result.

So I am taking the FM unit back and am looking for a better way. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Gregg

Old 06-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ipod connection?

Take a look at this thread, which currently appears about 5 down on the HCH forum

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-hch.2596.html

Old 06-22-2005, 03:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

the product linked in that thread specifically says compatible with pre-2003 accords...different stereo, I assume?

Most car stereos have aux RCA inputs in back, usually for an external CD changer. Not having taken mine apart yet, I don't know what the OEM accord stereo has, esp. since there is already a changer. There should be something back there, since Honda has an MP3 player option and needs a way to hook the audio in.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Rarely post anything

No RCA jacks, I'm afraid. They use bus cables - some are straight-throughs, others are Y-adapters, depending on what you're installing and what you've got previously. When you have the thing activated, you get a new 'mode' - CD-C - for CD-Changer (natch)

The DriveAccord forums have some stuff on this. Someone hooked up an IPod to a non-IMA Accord there, and reported on it.

Funny thing - when I went to HandA Accessories to look up install instructions for the cassette, MP3, trunk & console CD changers, etc - I noted that they all said 'not for Hybrid (IMA) model'. I understand that the in-dash players wouldn't fit (the DVD reader for the Navi takes up the space where they'd go), but couldn't figure out why "no CD changer" - the EX trim levels can get the CD changer added in, even though it has 6 CD in-dash capability. I'll have to look at that.

Bottom line - there have been people who've hooked up the IPods - but you need a special kit from a 3rd party vendor - much like the one referenced in the earlier post, I believe. And if that vendor says "up to '04 only", then there's got to be *something* different - but don't let that stop you. If you've got the will and the $, anything's possible these days, from a customization standpoint

Old 06-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Enthusiast

I too would like to be able to have a direct audio input in my audio stack (NAVI/6CD changer) - a 2.5mm female jack mounted some place discrete (even in the center arm rest ?? , or flying lead

I have the Dell jukebox rather than I-pod, and don't particularly want to be able to control it from the Radio/CD controls, I just want good quality audio out of speakers, without having to pick/change FM channels and deal all those extra bits of cable floating around.

Let us know if you find a good solution.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Enthusiast

I finally got back to this. I emailed mp3yourcar.com about their product asking if they were SURE that it worked on a hybrid. They said they were but only because they had never heard of one being different. I wasn't satisfied.

I called my local Honda dealer. The parts guy looked up a few things for me. The connector to connect either a cassette player or DVD for both the hybrid and non-hybrid Accord is the same. SO THE CONNECTION IS THE SAME ON OUR CARS. So we could go with the mp3yourcar.com solution.

He then indicated that Honda has a part to add an MP3 player to our car! (it's the same part number as for the regular Accord). It costs $95 Canadian. It fits into the jack on the back of the factory stereo - but he doesn't know what the other end looks like. I assume for that price that its a headphone jack. But I would like to know. If I order one I can't return it. Soooooooooo here's where some of you folks come in. Please call your local dealer and see if he has one in stock - larger dealers probably will. Then post a reply as to what kind of a connection it is.

Part number: 08B06SDA300

Thanks!

Gregg

Last edited by kinger44; 07-05-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Enthusiast

Well, that was a bust!

I found a dealer online who was selling that part number and emailed him - here is his reply:

Hello, and thank you for your inquiry. The cord is a BUS cable for the Honda MP3 Player.

I looked at the pic and sure enuf it has a square connector on both ends

Back to the drawing board!

Gregg

Old 09-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Enthusiast

I'm also looking for a way to get my iPod working somehow. I talked to a rep from Dension and she said the ice>Link would work, but you also need an additional Y splitter fron Honda and you would lose the XM. And that the display from the iPod would not show up on the Nav Screen because the cd player does not support CD TEXT.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Ipod connection?

So I went ahead and got the ice>Link. I went to Al and Ed's in Pasadena and they ordered up the parts from Dension. I got the harness from Honda and got the whole thing installed and it works fine. The XM isn't completely gone, its a little low and the highs don't seem to be coming out. But my 3 free months are almost up and I'm not keeping it. Sirius is where I'm going... channel 100 The controls work on the steering wheel. Pics are on the way.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Enthusiast

Good news! How much did you spend for everything? I think we're all looking forward to pics. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Ipod connection?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands