Mysterious clunk

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Enthusiast
Cool Re: Mysterious clunk

I hear the clunk as well. It's not the anti-lock brakes resetting. It does come from the rear end of the car but I haven't been able to isolate it.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Mysterious clunk

I found new and interesting sounds coming from my car when I idled on battery power inside my garage. The oddest was when the a/c was turned on. No clunking from my Hybrid though.

Old 06-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tmshybrid
I hear the clunk as well. It's not the anti-lock brakes resetting. It does come from the rear end of the car but I haven't been able to isolate it.
Yah, it is. My 1800 Honda Goldwing with ABS does the same thing. The ABS light on the GW stays lit until "the clunk".

Old 06-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

I have noticed this noise also when I start the car from being parked overnight or most of the day. I have noticed it when I get to about 10 mph, and I feel the sensation as if the brakes are scraping when I am going downhill at the same time. I was worried I was the only one having the problem, but it seems that several of you have noticed the sound too. But has anyone else experienced the "scraping" feeling? I notice it because I park in an upper level of my office parking structure and go downhill immediately after I pull out of my spot. Anybody's input would be appreciated...thanks!

Old 07-05-2005, 04:47 AM
Commuter of Many Miles

When I get going in the AM I hear two different sounds after I put the car in drive. First there is a noise from the rear engine, a kind of loud clink, like the electric motor connecting or whatever. This is almost immediately after the car begins to roll. Then, at about 5-7 mph, I get the brake clunk. Other than these two weird noises, everything seems to be perfect.
hans

Old 10-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Enthusiast

I usually hear a clunk from the rear, soon after I turn the engine off. I also hear the one everyone is talking about when the car has been sitting all night.