Pictures of 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid in Showroom before "Tigerhonaker" took it HOME:

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Pictures of 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid in Showroom before "Tigerhonaker" took it HO

24 karat gold plated 20" spinner rims with big fat sticky rubber wrapped around them, 60" Plasma screen, jackhammer subwoofer, half a ton of Mad Mikes extraneous electronics and a nice ghetto paint job...

Thanks but no thanks I would prefer a stock Honda Hybrid with naviagation.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Pictures of 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid in Showroom before "Tigerhonaker" took it HO

Originally Posted by OlympicDreams
24 karat gold plated 20" spinner rims with big fat sticky rubber wrapped around them, 60" Plasma screen, jackhammer subwoofer, half a ton of Mad Mikes extraneous electronics and a nice ghetto paint job...

Thanks but no thanks I would prefer a stock Honda Hybrid with naviagation.
Ditto that.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:50 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Pictures of 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid in Showroom before "Tigerhonaker" took it HO

Originally Posted by Alansanmateo
well, I drove the HAH the other day, and I came away uninspired. The car drives just fine. But it just feels to "vanilla" for me. If there was something I could do to "spice it up," then I might go for it. I want my car to be more than an appliance.

I know this is a strange thing to admit on a forum like this, but there we are.

Niftier wheels?

I dunno.

Maybe I could buy one and then get on to an episode of Pimp My Ride.

Pimp My Hybrid. I like the sound of that.
Well I was going to comment here, but I think in "YOUR" case you are absolutely making the "RIGHT-DECISION".

Terry

Old 10-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Enthusiast

We've gotten ~34.5 mpg as a long term average on our '05 HAH over 25,000 mi. It has gone as high as 40.5 mpg recently on the highway, and as low as 24 mpg in the winter around town. But the most fun was racing a BMW M3 up Wolf Creek Pass here in Colorado - it was so much fun until the battery juice ran out. I felt like I had a street racer and the nitrous bottle ran out (when the battery pack ran out of juice) - then I just had a regular V6 Accord. I don't think that the guy in the BMW could believe that I could hang with him, and he pulled over at the top of the pass.

P.S. Obviously, I'm not a hypermiler, but we wouldn't trade this car for anything!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:11 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Pictures of 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid in Showroom before "Tigerhonaker" took it HO

Originally Posted by Durango Dave
We've gotten ~34.5 mpg as a long term average on our '05 HAH over 25,000 mi. It has gone as high as 40.5 mpg recently on the highway, and as low as 24 mpg in the winter around town. But the most fun was racing a BMW M3 up Wolf Creek Pass here in Colorado - it was so much fun until the battery juice ran out. I felt like I had a street racer and the nitrous bottle ran out (when the battery pack ran out of juice) - then I just had a regular V6 Accord. I don't think that the guy in the BMW could believe that I could hang with him, and he pulled over at the top of the pass.

P.S. Obviously, I'm not a hypermiler, but we wouldn't trade this car for anything!
Dave,

It does my Heart good to read a Post like you have just shared here.

I have passed vehicles with my 07 HAH and looked down and been Plus-100 miles per hour and still climbing.

As you said these cars will Rock & Roll and I as You are Very Glad I made the Purchase with NO-REGRET at all.

What a Fun Hybrid and when I am not leaving others in my Dual Exhaust I get great FE as an additional Bonus. I think that is what we call a Win-Win Situation.

Enjoy your Hybrid Accord as it reads like here you are an here is a little (SECRET) if you don't already know about it.

Run 93 Octane Gas and pick up another 10 HP for a Total of 265 HP.

I run 93 now all the time.

Thanks for the Post,

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-19-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Dave,

It does my Heart good to read a Post like you have just shared here.

I have passed vehicles with my 07 HAH and looked down and been Plus-100 miles per hour and still climbing.

As you said these cars will Rock & Roll and I as You are Very Glad I made the Purchase with NO-REGRET at all.

What a Fun Hybrid and when I am not leaving others in my Dual Exhaust I get great FE as an additional Bonus. I think that is what we call a Win-Win Situation.

Enjoy your Hybrid Accord as it reads like here you are an hear is a little (SECRET) if you don't already know about it.

Run 93 Octane Gas and pick up another 10 HP for a Total of 265 HP.

I run 93 now all the time.

Thanks for the Post,
I hear ya bro! I've known about the extra horsepower for quite a while now, and I only put premium in the car when my wife let's me drive it. For some more info on why we bought this car, look here: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...bie-here-6704/

Old 10-19-2007, 10:37 PM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: Pictures of 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid in Showroom before "Tigerhonaker" took it HO

04-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Durango Dave vbmenu_register("postmenu_55670", true);
Enthusiast
Hybrids: 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid

Hi, newbie here!
I'm not really a hybrid guy, I'm an old BMW 2002 (the model, not the year) kind of guy. But at 33 years old and with ~387,000 miles on the Bimmer it's starting to show a distressing combination of metal fatigue and rust. So time to look for a new car, and of course I want to get a newer BMW. But the wife has other ideas and wants to help save the planet. So last October I did my homework, and one morning after my wife (who is a nurse) worked all night, I called her at work after seeing that the Honda dealer 50 miles away had two Accord Hybrids on sale for $2000 off of sticker. It actually turned out that they really only had one Accord Hybrid for sale when we got there.

So on the way to the dealer I showed my wife a bewildering amount of hybrid information I had found and printed off of the internet. No way were we getting a Ford. Our friends down the street bought a Prius a couple of months earlier and were very happy with it. But the local Toyota dealer was where I had had some horrific experiences with our Chrysler Town and Country minivan (they're a Toyota, Ford, and Chrysler dealer), and I really never ever wanted to set foot in that dealership ever again. And I'm a bigger guy (6'2", 215 lbs.), and I've always liked having a big trunk like the BMW rather than a hatchback.

So me and my sleep deprived wife get to the Honda dealership, and we almost didn't even go in because my wife doesn't feel that the Accord *looks* like a hybrid like a Prius does. I explain that I'm not comfortable in a smaller car like a Civic or a Prius, and I never want to set foot in the local Toyota dealership ever again. Then we got interrupted by a most pleasant young saleswoman who knew all the green and safety virtues of the car. We need to act fast because this is right after the last gas scare, and we want to take advantage of the tax credits ($3500 combined federal and state of Colorado) on our 2005 tax return. So to make a long story short we buy the car and drive it home that same day.

One thing that I liked about the Accord was that I didn't have to get into an arguement with my wife about stuff like leather seats and XM radio. And she really, really likes the heated seats in the winter. And we were looking for more of a highway cruiser to go to Santa Fe and Phoenix rather than an around town car because around here we can just ride our bicycles instead. So after we buy the car a couple of weeks go by and finally my wife figures out that she's been snookered. At dinner she expresses that she can't believe how fast this Honda Hybrid car is. Well, of course I explain that I'm not going to embarrass the hybrid movement by holding up traffic. She's a little irritated with me until my daughter chimes in and says "Well mom, you got what you wanted, and dad got what he wanted, so what's wrong with that?". After dinner I told my daughter to remind me to raise her allowance.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Now your my kind of MAN. The wife is tickled and as the Daughter chimed in on the Support side of things you Both came out as winners.

Great-Post and hey Nice Daughter. Keep her.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Enthusiast

At last, some positive posts! Thanks, guys.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:03 PM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: Pictures of 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid in Showroom before "Tigerhonaker" took it HO

Originally Posted by andylee
At last, some positive posts! Thanks, guys.
Hi Andy,

I think the HAH is one super car with (Performance/FE) and with the Nav. Option one has it all.

I'm in on this car and will I do not think ever regret the purchase.

It is quiet, fast and gets great FE for having 253 HP for the 2007 Model I have.

What more can one want or expect from a vehicle.

I just turned on the Trip-Computer to see what the FE is on this tank so far and it read 29.6 MPG and that is in the city with some 10-Mile commutes on the interstate to work and back. I'm Sold on this Hybrid.

I'm sorry for the few owners though that have had problems with their HAH's.