Residual value for 2006 Accord Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Residual value for 2006 Accord Hybrid?

Does anyone know what the residual value for a 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid w/Nav is? I got a really good price from a local dealer and to make up for the incredible offer I believe they're screwing around with the residual value of the car. Here's what they're quoting:

12k - 53%
15k - 51%

This sounds much too low to me, especially since I received another lease quote on a Civic Hybrid, which had a residual value of 58%.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Rarely post anything
Default Re: Residual value for 2006 Accord Hybrid?

I don't know what the 3-yr rate is on an Accord Hybrid, but the Accord line comes out to 51-53%, depending on trim line (EXs go for 53%, LXs for 51%, according to ALG). The Hybrid is closest to the EX, so I'd say that rate is pretty close, IMO.

The Accord is blessed (or cursed, in your application) with a very high residual - until recently, it was the car with the highest residual value you could buy (the Mini Cooper now holds that distinction).

I got about that rate when I traded my '01 EXV6 (purchased) for the '05 HAH (also purchased). The '01 had 86K on the clock, so I got a pretty good deal on my trade (should have been in the low / mid-40's, given the year / mileage).

As for the Civic - the 58% rate seems high. But it's probably risen due to the fuel economy of the vehicle relative to its brethren in the same carline (ie; LX / EX Civics would have about the same 50-ish rate as the Accord or a tiny bit lower, so the HCH residual must get a boost given gas price forecasts for the forseeable future). Or, the person who provided that figure was off, for whatever reason.