Software Update Recall - Anyone else get one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Software Update Recall - Anyone else get one?

Be thankful it's not covered, because this proc will ruin a tank average - they state to the tech in boldface that the IMA battery has to be charged fully per the indicator after the software update.

If one is trying to preserve a tank average, I'd go in after a recently completed tank with a fresh 1/4 tank for them to play with. Then go fill up again after they get done.

Appreciate the 'Yota owner posting this for the Honda-philes

Old 12-22-2005, 03:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Not only that, but then it has to run AT IDLE 10min to reset idle learn/etc. Ouch.

With my tanks lately, I might not even notice the hit...

Figure any service procedure will burn 1/4 to 1/2 gallon- especially since every one I've seen/heard about requires them to "fully charge the IMA battery and relearn idle."

sigh.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Enthusiast

I took delivery of my HAH w/Nav on 1/15/05. I had just read the first post, went to Ownerlink, saw nothing, went to the mailbox and there was my letter.

I had a previous problem reported last March and had to have the computer reset. I wonder if these things are related? My gas mileage is never near anything others are getting no matter how hard I try. I am glad for the warning to bring the car in after I have calculated by mpg and filling the car minimally. With gas prices as high as they are, Honda should refill our tanks for free to compensate for the inconvenience of this recall.

I have also tracked every mile. This is going to mess me up.
Oh well.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:18 PM

What's your drive like? Your profile says 90% city. In TX, with AC on, you're doing well getting 27 avg!

I see some good tanks in there- a 37 and some nice 33s. So its not necessarily you or the car- it may just be you got dealt a poor hand for your usual drive routes, distances, & times.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by ilene
I have also tracked every mile. This is going to mess me up.
How so? Even if your one time tank average slides just a bit, it won't bring down your overall average to any great deal.

But either way, sorry to hear about your car problems. After paying $30K for a car, one would expect it to be problem free.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default I did not get a letter. I bought mine the late Sept. 05

How do I find out my date of manifacture

Old 12-22-2005, 07:22 PM

It's printed on the label in your driver's door sill.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default It looks like I will be getting the letter.

My date is 12/04 and my vin is within the recalled range. Do they provide a loaner free of charge?

Old 12-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast

The 37 and 33 were straight (and minutes in the 2 - 4 hour range) highway miles, fill it up, jump on the road, fill up getting off the highway. Take out these trips from Dallas to Houston or Austin and I would be at the very bottom. At 7700, I am 1700 miles over my yearly average. Because I have a Hybrid, I am asked to drive more often. We got a Hybrid Highlander in July (didn't really start driving it until Mid August), so now we split the trips. His overall average is about 25 mpg, but gets around lower mpg the same road trips. In Texas, you have to drive with air conditioning almost year round. Today we are expecting 74 for the high!

Old 01-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Enthusiast

It's been over two weeks now and my car is still at the Honda service center for the ~30 minute software update.

I dropped it off on the 21st of December. They've had faulty cables, faulty software, faulty ECM's, bad UPS drivers, and technical people on vacation. Every other day it's a new excuse. I'm secretly hoping that they never figure it out and say, 'oh what the hell, here's a new '06 HCH.'

They gave me an enterprise rental: crappy 2-door Chevy Cobalt that gets 26mpg. I miss my HCH.

Quick Reply: Software Update Recall - Anyone else get one?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands