Tigerhonaker has a (NEW-HAH) Almost !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Tigerhonaker has a (NEW-HAH) Almost !!!!!!

Hi GH Members:

Take-Delivery This Coming Week:

Well there have been different ones of you that wanted to know what I was doing. I have been trying to purchase a 2007 HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid) for the past Two-Weeks. There were 3-In this Zone when I started the Negotations with my local dealer. When the Final-Numbers were (Agreed-Upon) there was {1-Left} PERIOD. After two days of calling the dealer in Ga. to dealer trade for it, finally the dealer called back and agreed to trade and release the HAH. So talk about the Last-Moment.

I traded in my 12K mile HCH II that most of you have seen Pics of and Threads/Post about on GH & www.CleanMPG.com

It was a very nice Hybrid and it did get some Great FE. It was Loaded with Every-Honda-Factory-Option.

What it was not ever going to do in my or your Life-Time was be FAST or anything resembling Fast. Sorry HCH I & HCH II Owners. But that is the TRUTH and if you own either model you adjust to it's Capabilities. Most of the time it is not a Problem. But believe me it is a Major Problem In Heavy Traffic, Multi-Lane Interstates with Traffic running 75-85 MPH and all over the place. Makes one or me a little Nervous.

So when I read that the 2007 HAH was going to be the (Very-Last-Year) I decided to get off my butt and make the move. I have driven the HAH's many times over the past yrs. I Love the way the car runs and handles. It is Quiet and you can get out of Harms-Way when Necessary.

Another thing that I wanted was "White" on the "Outside" and a Light Color on the Inside. It has been like in the low 100 plus Degree Temps here and going to be this coming week. I want COOL.

Another thought comes to my mind regarding my decision on the HAH. I also was going to consider the Honda E-XL V-6 with Nav. But I looked at the numbers for FE and what people really got for their FE that owned it. So decided to go with the HAH for these reasons.

Fuel Economy for a High-Performance Vehicle
Its Horsepower
IMA Assist
Ability to shut down 3-of-the-6 Cyclinders for Economy
Right Size Car, Not too big, Not too small
Very Quiet Engine
Very Quiet Interior
Love the Appointments in the Interior
Fit & Finish get a Plus 10
I like the Dual-Exhaust w/Chrome-Tips
I like the 3rd Brake-Light Design
I like the HAH only Brakelights, Very Nice
Honda Nav gets a Plus-10
Dash gets a Plus-10; Very Easy to Read
Outside of HAH is just a KNOCK-OUT Appearance to me
Hey let's not (Forget) the "outside-Mirrors" with Turn Indicators
Dual-Purpose Hybrid= Performance & FE=Driver Picks Which

Also thought about the Lexas 450h. I got to drive one at Hybridfest 2006. What a car !!!!!!!!! Talk about Performance in a Hybrid. So what put the Binders on ???? Two-Things:
(1) Price, Double the HAH
(2) No Fe Period, HAH can get FE if you want it

Already spoke of the Honda EX-L V-6. Nice car but not very good FE compared to the HAH, IMO

Just to mention a few things here on this Post.
The HCH II I had did not seem to work right with the IMA System. Dealer Replaced the ECM/PCM you Pick. The CVT IMO was not working Correctly. It seemed to kinda pause when held wide open to Accelerate. I drove a New 2007 HCH II and it did not operate the same as my HCH II. So with me saying that, I decided since the HCH II had only just reached the 12K in mileage it was time to make a move. The CVT's might be just fine but in all Honesty I think (I-Know) I prefer a more Normal Trans. Like the HAH has. I think there is room for Improvement on the CVT's from all manufacturers, Honda included. Never told anyone this but I was on the Interestate driving one morning and all of a "SUDDEN" everyone {STOPS} !!!!!!!! No the HCH II did not {STOP}. Well not behind the vehicle directly in front of me. Thankfully I am still pretty darn quick with my Reflexes and went to the Left-on-The-Shoulder and Stopped. What I am saying is this. IMO the HCH II does not STOP real Quick.
So that is another reason I traded it off:

The comments I have made here are not intended to get any Member on the "War-Path" that happens to own the HCH I or HCH II. I am talking about {ME} only and why I made the decision to Purchase the HAH. What I hope that does not take place on this Thread is a (BATTLE) between the HAH Owners and the HCH Owners. I was asked what and why I was trading the HCH II. My replies are Honest, but do not Represent other HCH Owners. Enough-Said !!!!!!!!!

The HAH is Premium-White-Pearl W/Ivory Leather Interior.

(1) Mud Guards
(2) Fog Lights
(3) Premium Floor Mats
(4) Auto-Dimming-Mirror
(5) Sylvania 9005SU BP TWIN Silverstar Ultra, Twin Pack

Sylvania 9006SU BP TWIN Silverstar Ultra, Twin Pack

Here are Pics made this morning of my New 2007 HAH with Nav. It came in Last-Night to Darrell Waltrip Honda in Franklin, TN. Part of the Hendrick Group.
These were taken with my Cell-Phone. Better than nothing:

Here is the (Most-Important-One)

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-11-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tigerhonaker has a (NEW-HAH) Almost !!!!!!

A few questions come to mind. Hopefully u wont take it the wrong way cause they arent intended to belittle u, just dont know how to phrase them otherwise.

1) Why did u buy the HCHII at all? You know its acceleration was pretty weak right?
2) If you were looking at performance, wouldnt a regular car make more sense? There are plenty of affordable cars with 190+ hp. Why a hybrid?
3) About the brakes, you do know that if you press hard enough the regular brakes will come on instead of the regenerative brakes. So my guess in that case is that your car was either not functioning properly (which is pretty rare) or you were tailgating like 95% of the population. You have to keep a good distance between cars, you shouldnt always rely on your instincts. **** happens, better be safe than sorry.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hmm... nark must be new...

Congrats on the purchase, tigerhonaker! I've got 38K miles on mine so far and still love it.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:58 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Tigerhonaker has a (NEW-HAH) Almost !!!!!!

Originally Posted by nark
A few questions come to mind. Hopefully u wont take it the wrong way cause they arent intended to belittle u, just dont know how to phrase them otherwise.

1) Why did u buy the HCHII at all? You know its acceleration was pretty weak right?
2) If you were looking at performance, wouldnt a regular car make more sense? There are plenty of affordable cars with 190+ hp. Why a hybrid?
3) About the brakes, you do know that if you press hard enough the regular brakes will come on instead of the regenerative brakes. So my guess in that case is that your car was either not functioning properly (which is pretty rare) or you were tailgating like 95% of the population. You have to keep a good distance between cars, you shouldnt always rely on your instincts. **** happens, better be safe than sorry.
Nark,

Quote*

1) {Why did u buy the HCHII at all? You know its acceleration was pretty weak right?}

Reply:

Because I really like New Technology and Honda's. Also do care about FE (Fuel-Economy) and the Environment. At the time I purchased the HCH II I was working for a different Car Dealership and not for the most part having to put up with the Nut-Cases on the Interstate on a Daily Basis. I lived 1-Exit from the Dealer I worked for so travel and speed and BRAKES in an "EMERGENCY-SITUATION" just was of No-Concern. As I remember the given situation I spoke of on the other Post, it went like this. I was in the FAST-Left-Lane and the traffic flow was like 70-75 MPH and all of a sudden all I saw from sitting down in my HCH II was (BRAKE-LIGHTS). The vehicle in front of me was taller than my HCH II so I at the time did not and could not see what was going on ahead of time. HCH II's sit low compared to most of the vehicles on the road. I do not take offense to your "Comments" here and or your "Questions". I think it is like being in a Combat Situation and having to make a judgment call "Instantly" and then later the "Press" wants to know why you did what you did in a "Split-Second". You just have to be there when things happen to Truely Appreciate the Event. As always it is better to have distance between you and the traffic/vehicle in front of you. Sometimes that just does not happen for whatever reason.

I could repeat my Post on the HAH but I think you read it already. It says why I purchased the HAH and Traded in the HCH II.

Hope this "Answers" your Questions: It is my Best-Shot at this (TIME).

Have a nice day.

Terry

Soon to be a New HAH Owner:

Old 08-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congrads on the new car Terry!

I've never really driven a (considered) fast car before, and my own HCH 1 performs up to, if not better than previous vehicles.
Perhaps your HCH's sluggishness was due to all the trouble you've been having?

Sounds like you got just what you wanted in the HAH. Are you gong to dress it up nice, like you did with your HCH?

Old 08-11-2007, 03:09 PM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: Tigerhonaker has a (NEW-HAH) Almost !!!!!!

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
Congrads on the new car Terry!

I've never really driven a (considered) fast car before, and my own HCH 1 performs up to, if not better than previous vehicles.
Perhaps your HCH's sluggishness was due to all the trouble you've been having?

Sounds like you got just what you wanted in the HAH. Are you gong to dress it up nice, like you did with your HCH?
Just the Honda Options and the Sylvania Ultra-Bright Bulbs (High & Low-Beams). No after market Wheels. I have had enough of that.

This may be hard to believe Steve but I like the Looks of the HAH as it comes from Honda.

I have not even driven the 2007 HAH "Yet". I have driven prior yrs. though and they were TERRIFIC. I think I will have my New Ride this coming week as soon as all the Options get in for them to Install.

Plus I ordered the Sylvania's from Amazon.com and had them shipped Next-Day-Air so they will be here Monday.

Hey, I did drop by and "Hugged-It" (Don't think anyone was looking) this morning and just took a few minutes to visit with it.

I'm really excited about getting it to be really Honest with (YOU) !!!!!!!!!

Honda has 4.9 % Interest right now so that is going to be Great.

Terry

BTW, I would have never been Happy and or Trusted the HCH II after the problems took place with it.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Hmm... nark must be new...

Congrats on the purchase, tigerhonaker! I've got 38K miles on mine so far and still love it.
new to what? the car? then yes, mine still has less than 5k on it although I've owned it since march. New to the forums? Yes, I probably joined around that time, but I dont read all the threads so I sometimes dont the background if people make multiple posts over and extended amount of time.

tiger: well, thats why I bought the hybrid as well. I didnt want to stand out, but I also wanted to invest in new techs and gadgets, being a computer engineer myself. I also agree, the civic hybrid is severly underpowered. Dont expect to get out of any tight situations.

Also, the way you phrased it, you made the HCHII out to be as a car with the worse stopping distance of any vehicle out there. It actually has a very good stopping distance of ~120 feet which is pretty darn good.

Finally, not sure of which post you are referring to, if you are talking about this one, then yup I've read it. Otherwise, probably not.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:37 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Tigerhonaker has a (NEW-HAH) Almost !!!!!!

new to what? the car? then yes, mine still has less than 5k on it although I've owned it since march. New to the forums? Yes, I probably joined around that time, but I dont read all the threads so I sometimes dont the background if people make multiple posts over and extended amount of time.

tiger: well, thats why I bought the hybrid as well. I didnt want to stand out, but I also wanted to invest in new techs and gadgets, being a computer engineer myself. I also agree, the civic hybrid is severly underpowered. Dont expect to get out of any tight situations.

Also, the way you phrased it, you made the HCHII out to be as a car with the worse stopping distance of any vehicle out there. It actually has a very good stopping distance of ~120 feet which is pretty darn good.

Finally, not sure of which post you are referring to, if you are talking about this one, then yup I've read it. Otherwise, probably not.
If I gave that impression of the Stopping distance of the HCH II then I really screwed-up my Post.

I said as far as I am concerned my HCH II did not stop fast when I needed it to in the emergency situatiion I was put in. I stand by that, regardless of what some report says the HCH II is suppose to stop at. I was there and I do not remember seeing anyone in the HCH II with me.

If you are of the opinion that it stops quick, buy yourself one.

I'm of the opinion it does not and I have owned one for over a year and 12,000 miles of driving it. My problem is I would imagine I am used to High Performance cars that have Great Brakes and very (Sticky-Performance-Tires). So they do Stop very quick.

I said the HCH II in normal driving stops very well. This was not a normal situation and it did not Stop Fast Enough to suit me.

I respect your right to your opinion and I hope you in turn will offer me the same in return. Let us just say we are not going to agree on how the HCH II stops and leave it at that.

Terry
BTW, thanks for your input. Just because I see it different than you does not mean I am right and you are wrong:

Old 08-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
If I gave that impression of the Stopping distance of the HCH II then I really screwed-up my Post.
you kinda did because this is what you said in your post: "No the HCH II did not {STOP}." Which with a literal interpretation that I used means that the car kept moving forward even thought u tried to make it stop.

I said as far as I am concerned my HCH II did not stop fast when I needed it to in the emergency situatiion I was put in. I stand by that, regardless of what some report says the HCH II is suppose to stop at. I was there and I do not remember seeing anyone in the HCH II with me.
I re-read your post and it doesnt seem like that mentioned that fact. See above, you said that the HCH II did not stop.

If you are of the opinion that it stops quick, buy yourself one.
For a car in its class, I think it stops pretty well. I actually have one so I dont need to buy another. I've actually had to brake pretty hard during the first 600 miles and the car did an excellent job. I didnt feel like I was in any way unsafe cause I was driving the HCHII.

I'm of the opinion it does not and I have owned one for over a year and 12,000 miles of driving it. My problem is I would imagine I am used to High Performance cars that have Great Brakes and very (Sticky-Performance-Tires). So they do Stop very quick.
You cant compare high performance cars such as an m3, is250/350, etc. They are of a whole different class. They are designed to go fast and have great manuverability, and thus, require the best brakes. Of course you also pay a nice premium. The HCHII is designed to get great FE. As thus, its probably not expected that the car will go 100 mph+ and thus, does not need very expensive brakes.

I said the HCH II in normal driving stops very well. This was not a normal situation and it did not Stop Fast Enough to suit me.

I respect your right to your opinion and I hope you in turn will offer me the same in return.
I respect your opinion, thats why the first thing I said was that I meant no disrespect. Its your car and your money, so you can do w/e u want. I was just hoping to explain a few things you mentioned based on my experience and knowledge of cars (although still pretty limited, but getting better).

Let us just say we are not going to agree on how the HCH II stops and leave it at that.
I am going to have to agree to disagree with you there.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:27 PM
G.H. Contributor
Red face Re: Tigerhonaker has a (NEW-HAH) Almost !!!!!!

you kinda did because this is what you said in your post: "No the HCH II did not {STOP}." Which with a literal interpretation that I used means that the car kept moving forward even thought u tried to make it stop.

I re-read your post and it doesnt seem like that mentioned that fact. See above, you said that the HCH II did not stop.

For a car in its class, I think it stops pretty well. I actually have one so I dont need to buy another. I've actually had to brake pretty hard during the first 600 miles and the car did an excellent job. I didnt feel like I was in any way unsafe cause I was driving the HCHII.

You cant compare high performance cars such as an m3, is250/350, etc. They are of a whole different class. They are designed to go fast and have great manuverability, and thus, require the best brakes. Of course you also pay a nice premium. The HCHII is designed to get great FE. As thus, its probably not expected that the car will go 100 mph+ and thus, does not need very expensive brakes.

I respect your opinion, thats why the first thing I said was that I meant no disrespect. Its your car and your money, so you can do w/e u want. I was just hoping to explain a few things you mentioned based on my experience and knowledge of cars (although still pretty limited, but getting better).

I am going to have to agree to disagree with you there.
Hi nark,

"Sorry" !!!!!! (did I just Say That) I did post about the brakes on the HCH II working just fine under normal conditions. Infact I said the (Brakes) worked in my Emergency Situation. I said the HCH II did not STOP.

I post on multiple Forums and that Post was on one of them. So yes I did say it but it was not here on this Thread. My-Mistake !!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/honda...ost--5857.html See Post # 5

Hi Psy,

Your right the HAH is going to be much more to my liking. Infact now when I look back I should have bought the 06 HAH that was just like this one. I loved it but backed off because of the ($$$$$$$$) DOLLARS. Hey all was not Lost though because I did get the HCH II and before it "Seemed" to be giving me the Problems Lately it was just fine for the most part.

I should have mentioned this regarding size. The HAH just (FITS) me much better than the HCH II sitting in BOTH. I'm 6'1" inch tall and the HAH just feels Great sitting in it. But hey that is just me and to each his own.

As far as BRAKES I suggest not Tail-Gaiting with the HCH II. You will find yourself up in the ***-END of whatever you are behind. My 1-Time was enough for me. The HAH may not have perfect stopping power but I think it will be better than the HCH II. When I ended up on the Left shoulder "Beside" the vehicle in front of me it was not that the HCH II BRAKES (Did-Not-Work). It was because it SLID and would not STOP in TIME. The LRR Tires just did not have IMO enough GRIP to Stop that Fast in an Emergency. Under any kind of Normal Situation the HCH II and it's Brakes worked just FINE.

I think the 1-thing that I missed with the HCH II was this:

"NO"

POWER !!!!

Now to the Driver that is more interested in FE/MPG the HCH II will Deliver. And I really {Hesitate} even making the above remark on this Forum that is (DEDICATED-TO-FE/MPG). So I hope and a Little-Prayer that members here just read this Post as my comments on why I made the Switch to the HAH. If I was not interested in FE/MPG I would not have "Purchased-the-HAH" I would have went to a NON-HYBRID Car. So we here are on the EXACT SAME PAGE as far as FE/MPG and the saving of RESOURCES: I just have chosen what is Best-for-ME.

Terry " Still-Green"

Quick Reply: Tigerhonaker has a (NEW-HAH) Almost !!!!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands