who's going to test drive a TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default who's going to test drive a TCH?

Toyota Camry hybrid, that is. Its closest in comparison to our HAHs- seems that we are the best candidates to do the apple-to-apples.

I'm very curious to see what trim options it comes with / what is not available for it, and geting my paws over one as soon as they hit the floor after Jan.

192HP is nothing to sneeze at- it won't catch the HAH, but will still perform more than respectably. And if the SWAGs here are right, it will at least match the HAH on the highway and 150% it in town. That's a lot of ammunition.

Ahh, if only we could combine Honda's ICE capability with HSD...

I might consider trading over, if it impresses me enough. I REALLY want to be able to creep around in EV. 75% of my miles are on the highway, but if I can match the HAH there in a Camry, its a pretty good argument.

Oh- and I'm betting it'll be a few $K lower, too.

Old 12-11-2005, 05:32 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: who's going to test drive a TCH?

My Niece and her Husband both work for (Toyota) in Georgetown, Ky. where the Hybrid Camry will be built.

Interesting in away that when I first heard of it I talked with them and did think about waiting to see what exactly it was going to be and at that time make a decision about buying one. I changed my mind when I found out in this case with a New Product from Toyota, Family makes little difference in Pricing. Reason; it's new.

Terry

BTW; I just spoke with my Niece on my cell and there is a New Camry coming out the 1st of 2006, but the Hybrid is (Not-Included) in that time frame. Toyota has not yet released the build date much less the release date to the Public on the Hybrid to their Employees yet. A (Guess) on the Hybrid is this time next year.

Old 12-12-2005, 04:04 AM
Default Re: who's going to test drive a TCH?

(bummed)
I guess the 9(?) Jan date really is just an introduction then.
Heck, we might have a preview of the 08 Fusion before we can get our hands on a Camry. This is getting like consumer electronics- always one more better just over the horizon...just...wait...a...little...longer...

Much as I love my HAH, if the TCH comes in with >= hwy mpg and a few $K less for comparable trim, there's a good chance I'll be evangelizing that to my coworkers, friends, etc. instead of the HAH. Even if I keep mine.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Default Re: who's going to test drive a TCH?

I'm not fond of the looks of the Camry. I prefer the Honda/Acura lines of vehicles.

If I hadn't already purchased my HAH, I'd definitely taken the TCH for a test drive, just to see if it was worth getting over the styling. Perhaps, with the technology and pricing GoNavy is talking about, I'd consider getting one. But at the present moment, I'd much rather stick with buying the HAH.