2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)

with the number of occurances, and amount of miles they are putting on the car ... I think you are very close to being entitled to a replacement vehicle or a big rebate off of your car for your troubles, time, and mileage increase. If you were to buy the car off the lot with over 800 miles, you would get a demo discount. I hope they offer you something in these lines, I know I would end up asking if they did not if it was me personally. Best regards to you ...

Old 01-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already) IMA, battery, and check engine light

The other concern is that the technician at the dealership says that Honda has not released the sevice/repair manual for this car yet. I guess this is not an issue for most HCH II owners since the first major service is a little ways off. He said this is typical for the release of new Honda models that they normally receive it 3 months after cars come in to the dealership.

Last edited by hchowner; 05-06-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Razorx

You are already at the "Lemon Law" limit due to the 30 days out of service. On day 31 I would ask them to replace the car. It happens quite often that the attempt to diagnose a difficult problem can end up causing others in a snowballing effect. Link below:

http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon.htm

Old 01-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

I agree that you should attempt to excersize your rights under the Lemon Law. That's what it is there for.

Don

Old 01-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Enthusiast

hchowner,

I'm the guy that had the battery replaced. It seems to me that your case is even more severe than mine was. I never had a problem at start up only one or two recals daily without warning. I know that my dealer spoke with Honda Tech which told them to go ahead a replace the battery. By the way, the code on the invoice is P0A7F "Battery Module Deterioration". So far everything seems back to normal. The only concern I have now is whether this was a defective battery, or if something caused the battery to deteriorate. I guess we'll know soon enough, but so far so good. By the way, I would tell them to change out the battery ASAP.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Enthusiast

hchowner I sent you a private message.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Energy Independence!

Having worked in the quality and reliabilty area for electronics for several years now, I can tell you that everyone makes mistakes, but the best companies are:

1) The ones that have a good system to gather field reliability data in an efficient and expedite manner.
It is in the manufacturer's best interest (in this case Honda) and the manufacturer's subcontractor that built the defective assembly (Battery? I'm guessing --Maxell) to get the earliest possible warnings about field failures.

2) Once that the root cause for the failure is found, and that a corrective action has been determined, how quickly and least painfully (to the customer) will one implement said corrective action.

We have several Japanese customers for our products, and they are ultra-rigorous and super tough when a field failure is involved. They take failure analysis very, very seriously, and won't let go if they are not satisfied with the analysis.

I would be surprised if your failure has not been discussed already within Honda at least at a VP level.

My advise to you is: KEEP THE HEAT UP! Honda has a reputation to protect. The HCH-2 is Honda's answer to the Prius-2, which is kicking their butt. They cannot afford to blow it, this early in the game.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)IMA, battery, and check engine light

I have have not heard from anyone today on the status of my car. The error code on my paper work states P0A3F Motor Rotor Position Sensor.

I have seen another person with a similar issue on another website, but have not heard back from him
http://www.hybridcars.com/discussion...=538&replies=3

Last edited by hchowner; 05-06-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:49 PM

Probabably a faulty Motor Rotor Position Sensor I hope it's an easy fix. Darned 1st year models and their bugs.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:15 AM

My car has close to 6000 miles and no problems so far, save for the 63-mile reset bug which I still haven't fixed (I'm lazy). So not all cars are affected by this problem.

Quick Reply: 2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands