2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Razorx
Default Re: 2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
My car has close to 6000 miles and no problems so far, save for the 63-mile reset bug which I still haven't fixed (I'm lazy). So not all cars are affected by this problem.
Actually, per Honda (Jeff), there is no fix. You're still good Honda has made a few tries with mixed results. They still don't know.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by jlambeth
Actually, per Honda (Jeff), there is no fix. You're still good Honda has made a few tries with mixed results. They still don't know.
Oh, really? Someone reported getting a new gauge cluster somehow fixed the problem, but I guess that's not always the case?

Old 01-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Razorx

Oh, really? Someone reported getting a new gauge cluster somehow fixed the problem, but I guess that's not always the case?
I talked to Jeff (Honda Customer Service) and apparently the results are not sufficient for them release a fix. Actually, the statement was that they do not specifically know what the problem is. Replacing the gauge cluster may or may not fix the problem. Luck of the draw per Jeff.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Enthusiast

may very well be vehicle specific. They need to exchange it ASAP. Start b..ching, I suggest. Otherwise, they will not do much.
In fact, start calling Honda HQ in California...

Originally Posted by hchowner
I bought a 2006 HCH in November by December the hybrid engine light (IMA), battery light and the check engine indicators went on. The hybrid engine shuts down and will only work with the gas engine. The car has been at the dealership and they still don't know what is wrong. Anyone else experience similar or other problems already with their 2006 HCH?

Old 01-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already) IMA, battery, and check engine light

I was told that some one from Honda Headquarters will be calling about options with the car. I also found out that they replaced some parts in the car, drove the car back to Honda Headquarters in Torrance, and today it is back at the dealership.

Last edited by hchowner; 05-06-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Razorx

Yup, ergo no service bulletin and no "correction" with cars coming off of the production line.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: No 63 mile bug report

Drove 400 mile roundtrip to Omaha this weekend and took two opportunities to check my HCH (in service 3 Jan 2006) for the 63 mile bug. I watched the instantaneous readout and the average Trip B mileage readout and saw no abnormal fluctuations passing from about 62 through 65 miles. Seem like this vehicle does not have the bug.

Doug Lynn
2050 miles, 43.8 mpg auto readout, 44.8 hand calculated

Old 01-30-2006, 03:50 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: No 63 mile bug report

Originally Posted by Doug Lynn
Drove 400 mile roundtrip to Omaha this weekend and took two opportunities to check my HCH (in service 3 Jan 2006) for the 63 mile bug. I watched the instantaneous readout and the average Trip B mileage readout and saw no abnormal fluctuations passing from about 62 through 65 miles. Seem like this vehicle does not have the bug.

Doug Lynn
2050 miles, 43.8 mpg auto readout, 44.8 hand calculated
Hi Doug;

Thanks for the up tp Date info. on the FE read out Gauges.
Mine is suppose to be here in Feb. sometime and I hope this has been corrected on the ones coming off the production line.

Regards;

Terry

Old 01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

I'm at 250 miles. I have tried to keep an eye on it, but haven't noticed any issues.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Mine is suppose to be here in Feb. sometime and I hope this has been corrected on the ones coming off the production line.
I think this is a false hope. You'll either get lucky or you won't. From what people are reporting, Honda isn't quite convinced yet that there is a problem, and they haven't fixed it in production. Once they have a fix, I'm sure they'll issue a bulletin to the dealers' service departments.

Quick Reply: 2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands