2006 HCH2 Surprises

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default 2006 HCH2 Surprises

The steering wheel adjusts not only up and down but it *telescopes* in and out too.
You can pull it closer to you or push it further from you.
I like this.
It makes the car much more comfortable and changing it from time to time during a long trip makes driving less tiring.

Adjust your seat so the accelerator is at a comfortable distance.
THEN, adjust the steering wheel for comfort.
Keep in mind that the manual recommends keeping the steering wheel as far from your chest as possible, at least 10 inches - so airbag deployment is safer.

Also
The padded armrest between the front seats slides forward.
Just grab it and slide it.

The air conditioner comes on and stays on if you set the "Mode" to defrost the front window.
This is annoying - I realize the AC does a great job of clearing the fog from the inside of the windshield but they could at least have programed the AC to stay on for ONLY the 30-seconds needed, then shut off - or come on for 30 seconds every 10 minutes or something.

Remember to turn that AC off.
You won't even know it is on because there is no green LED to warn you.
You have to actually turn on the display and look for the AC ON part.

2006ers: What features surprized you? Good or bad.

Last edited by kenny; 01-03-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:00 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 HCH2 Surprises

Thanks for the tip on the defroster Kenny. That may help to explain why I was getting such poor FE on my initial drive off the car lot. I guess I assumed that the AC was not on because I could not see any AC on light indicator.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:03 AM

Also the windshield is so tall that the top of it (where you look through) is harder to get clear.

They should have put vents above the windshield too.

Old 01-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
Also
The padded armrest between the front seats slides forward.
Just grab it and slide it.
Oh, my gosh, thank you! It's so far back, it was driving me nuts.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by RPCV36
Thanks for the tip on the defroster Kenny. That may help to explain why I was getting such poor FE on my initial drive off the car lot. I guess I assumed that the AC was not on because I could not see any AC on light indicator.
It shouldn't make TOO much of a difference on the FE ( as opposed to the previous model) since the Air Conditioning system is run by the hybrid system (as long as your hybrid battery is charged)

Old 01-03-2006, 07:21 PM

Actually I may have spoken too soon.

I was trying this tonight and I clearly don't understand the controls.
I must read the manual.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:28 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: 2006 HCH2 Surprises

Originally Posted by earthgrrl
Oh, my gosh, thank you! It's so far back, it was driving me nuts.
Say Susan; You know if I were you I think I would go back and see the (General-Sales-Manager) at the dealership you just purchased your new Civic Hybrid ll (HCH ll) from and ask why your (Professional) sells person did not go over the operation of your New car with you. I am being serious, thats what the sells rep. is paid commission for is to go ever all the controls and operation of the vehicle with you.

When you get the (Sells-Survey) don't forget that the sells person did-not go over the simplest of the functions of the vehicle when you took delivery. I cannot stress this to strong to you and everyone else that the sells person is suppose to show you, the customer how to use all the many features of their vehicle upon taking delivery. If the sells person did not do that then we owe it to the dealership management to let them know that their sells people are not doing their job. Thats what they are paid commission for, not to just be order takers and pat you on the back as you leave the dealership. I can't tell you how many owners go away from the delership and don't have a Clue as to how to even turn on their Navagation, much less how to use it. This is just one example.

We spend our money (Hard-Earned-Money) and should get the services that we just spent our money for.

Terry

Old 01-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
Remember to turn that AC off.
You won't even know it is on because there is no green LED to warn you.
No, but there is an indicator to tell you when it's off. I just always make sure 'A/C Off' is showing on the display. If I need the defroster, I turn it on, give it a few seconds to clear the windshield (it's quick!), then hit the A/C button to turn it off. The defroster will keep running, just not as effectively as when A/C is on. If I need it, I'll give it a boost with a few seconds of A/C on.

You can turn on auto, then off the A/C and the auto climate control will still automate the other functions (fan speed, recirc/fresh, heat) as needed to try to hold your set temp.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:06 AM
Enthusiast

I definitely make sure to keep the AC-OFF display on all the time - minus some defogging in the morning.

I've also noticed that with the rolling hills of New England (NH) - I'm getting about 40 mpg on my 17-mile commute which is mostly highway (67 mph). Hoping the break-in period with the eventual switch to summer gas will improve the numbers over the next few months.

DKeane

Old 01-04-2006, 07:14 AM

That and warmer temperatures surely will.

Quick Reply: 2006 HCH2 Surprises

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands