6 days old, and loving it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Active Enthusiast
Smile 6 days old, and loving it.

I purchased a blue 2005 Civic Hybrid (Manual) on April 6th, and I'm loving it. When I got to the dealership, they'd just sold their last manual transmission Civic, so I was kinda bummed. Turns out a truckload of cars had pulled in right behind us, and it had a blue Civic Hybrid on it! I drove it off the lot just in time to drive back to work to show it off.

She only had 3 miles on her when I drove it off, and the battery had no charge. Even then, I got 44.8mpg average on my 8 mile, 5-o'clock traffic through downtown highway drive back to the office. I've managed to average over 49mpg mixed (mostly in town) over the last six days.

She's over at the dealership getting her windows tinted today, and when I pick her up, I'm meeting some of the service guys from the dealership for pint night at our favorite brew pub, where I happened to meet them last Friday.

I noticed that some other forum user, who's name I've forgotten, mention that they'd named their car "Honkey". Funny... 'cause that's what I named mine this weekend

Old 04-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 6 days old, and loving it.

Welcome to GreenHybrid. It sounds like you will fit in well with the averages you are already getting.

Billy

Old 04-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

I purchased my HCH this Sunday. This is my first new car ever. I've driven hand-me-downs and a used car up until now, but I'm finally able to afford a brand new one. How did you find a blue Civic Hybrid? I looked through the book at the dealership, and I only saw 5 colors, none of which was blue, which was sort of what I wanted.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with my car so far. I'm only averaging 38mpg, so perhaps I'll try inflating my tires a bit, as suggested here. My commute to work is around 40 miles, half interstate, half country road with long backups. With gas costing as much as it does, I hope this saves me a bunch of money.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Contributor ($)

doppler and nuttyturnip,
I welcome you both to GreenHybrid. I see doppler got the Manual transmission, how about you nutty turnip?

Old 04-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Enthusiast

I got an automatic 4-door. I never learned to drive a stick, and they didn't have any on the lot, anyway.

Old 04-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: 6 days old, and loving it.

that's funny, because the first dealer i went to had no cvts and 4 manual civic hybrids. i guess now that honda got their first two years' sales' inventory back and figured that they should simply send cvts to the lots and let customers who really want manuals to place an order for them, or just send them sparingly

Old 04-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

About the blue... they have 5 colors available, and this dark blue is one of them. Funny thing is that before I visited the dealership, I'd wanted a grey one. When I saw the paint chips on display, I immediately changed my mind... that dark blue was gorgeous. It turns out that the HCH they'd just pulled off the truck was a dark blue paintjob with a manual transmission. Just what I wanted.

In other news, it's been exactly two weeks, and tonight I bought my first tank of fuel. 11.87 gallons (that **** is expensive... I hadn't driven in almost 5 years!). My odometer is now at 550 miles, so that averages out to 45mpg. I know I'll do much better on my next tank because I've started learning the tricks to keeping that bargraph as far to the right as possible in different situations :-)

Old 04-22-2005, 10:30 AM

i really wanted dark blue too, but they didn't have that color for the 2004 civic hybrid lineup - that's why i have the silver-light blue color.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have the Opal Silver (I think it's called).
Sometimes it's gray, sometimes silver and sometimes a light powder blue, depending on the lighting at the time.

Strange!

Old 04-22-2005, 07:22 PM

yes, the name of the color slipped my mind
"Opal Silver Blue Metallic"

i notice the color change too under different lighting. under bright sunlight it looks sky blue, and under dim lighting/darkness of night it appears silver. honda should make more dual-color paints like this and offer them for more of its models

Quick Reply: 6 days old, and loving it.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands