Adding powered bazooka to stock 05 unit ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 04:53 PM
aha
Active Enthusiast
Default Adding powered bazooka to stock 05 unit ?

Just wondering if I can add powered to my stock CD unit on my 05HCH ?

Thanks

Old 01-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding powered bazooka to stock 05 unit ?

The Bazookas with built in amps have a line level input. Tap into the wires at the rear speakers and run them into those inputs. This is the most basic setup. The best way to go is RCA, but I don't think stock Honda radios have RCA outputs.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

You should be able to mount it on top. There is a custom add on for a "launch" switch to fire a rocket. Handy during rush hour :-)

Originally Posted by aha
Just wondering if I can add powered to my stock CD unit on my 05HCH ?

Thanks

Old 01-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Enthusiast

Hi there.
Sure, add aftermarket stereo equipment to your heart's content. I believe I had my stock 05 HCH stereo for about a week before I went aftermarket with a MP3 head unit, a 750watt amp and two 12" subs.

A powered Bazooka should be no issues for you.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Takfen
Hi there.
Sure, add aftermarket stereo equipment to your heart's content. I believe I had my stock 05 HCH stereo for about a week before I went aftermarket with a MP3 head unit, a 750watt amp and two 12" subs.

A powered Bazooka should be no issues for you.

So you haven't had any issues with the battery or any other part of the system with all that extra draw? I want to add my class D 200W amp to power a sub I have, but didn't want to screw with the system at all. And what about the wiring? I read you have to remove the battery for that. I don't want to void any warranties ... Did you have Honda do it or check with them at all? Please give more info. I want to know if I can get a little deep bass back into my life and I can keep the bass turned down on the radio and the quality of sound will go up (i keep it between 0 and 3 anyway) and less stress on those small factory speakers.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast

[So you haven't had any issues with the battery or any other part of the system with all that extra draw? I want to add my class D 200W amp to power a sub I have, but didn't want to screw with the system at all. ]

Didn't do anything different than on my 95 Cutlass with the power. I located the amp under the Passenger seat. If you want to do the same, have fun with routing the wires under the dash and carpet.

[And what about the wiring? I read you have to remove the battery for that. I don't want to void any warranties ... Did you have Honda do it or check with them at all? Please give more info. ]

Wiring to the CD changer in the trunk, and wiring the speaker wires back to the amp was a challenge. No, you don't have to remove the batteries. If you lift out the back seat, you'll notice there is a bit of room on the passenger side of the car to route your wires. Not a lot of room, but enough to squeeze the RCA's and power for the changer, along with speaker wires for the Sub. This is not a fun project. I had the luxury of a friend who had done this same install through his work at a car stereo retailer.