Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default I GOT MINE!

'nuff said.

thanks to this community for telling me how to do it!

Old 08-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I GOT MINE!

Originally Posted by kmh3
'nuff said.

thanks to this community for telling me how to do it!
When did you send your paperwork in? They still haven't cashed my check!!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2005, 01:28 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by grayhawk
I wonder if you would get a ticket if you had the front and rear stickers on, but not the side stickers. Does it say anything in the instructions about this?

Also, I have thought about affixing the sticker to magnetic material (kind of like those "we support our troops" magnets) to mount the side stickers. I would have to remove them when I am not driving it (so they don't get stolen), but that would solve the issue of sticking something on the paint.

I will probably just end up sticking them on as per the instructions.
I hate to say it, but this is not a bad idea. Even if I did get a ticket (if I ever see the dang stickers), it would probably be a 'fix it' ticket for not fully complying with the sticker instructions. Just a guess.

I might try it!

Old 08-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Wannabe Hypermiler

Sticker Shock for Owners of Hybrids

They're big. They're ugly. They're offensive. So say owners of the hybrid Toyota Prius — not about larger gas-guzzlers that hog the road but about the decals the state is handing out that allow hybrid owners to drive solo in carpool lanes.

Prius owners cheered when Congress approved solo driving in carpool lanes last month.

But a growing number of drivers are now protesting because the California Highway Patrol is requiring that four bright yellow decals — 7 by 3 inches and 5 by 2 inches in size — be displayed on their cars.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...home-headlines

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2005-08/19151258.jpg

Old 08-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast

I'm waiting for my liscense plates too on my new 05HCH. I was wondering if I could submit the application w/ just the VIN and not the liscense plate #. I called Sacramento today and got the run around. Can anyone confirm if you can definitely send in the application with just the VIN?

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Also, I have thought about affixing the sticker to magnetic material (kind of like those "we support our troops" magnets) to mount the side stickers. I would have to remove them when I am not driving it (so they don't get stolen), but that would solve the issue of sticking something on the paint.

I had the same idea myself. I would store the stickers (on magnetic sheets) in the trunk, and only put them on the car for longer road trips. For my daily commute, traffic is almost never bad enough to require the carpool lanes anyway, but for longer trips, especially through LA, the carpool lane can save lots of time. I'd also rather not have four hideous yellow stickers on my car permanently.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Enthusiast

I got 'em!!!
Now, I'm in the Bay Area, and I still don't have my 'hybrid' FasTrak transponder, so I'm not sure what exactly I can do with them over the Bay Bridge (I sent away to DMV with a receipt for my non-hybrid FasTrak account, not realizing they had a special transponder we had to get to charge us when we went thru the carpool lane. . . and that was the receipt DMV wanted. . . anyhow, DMV sent the stickers anyway)
The instructions say to place the large stickers on the side rear quarter panels of the car, behind the wheel wells, and the small ones on the right side of each bumper, front and rear. Doesn't say anything about what horrors will occur if you don't put all the stickers on, or if you can put them on some sort of magnet or not. There is a decal certificate to keep with your registration in case you get pulled over. . .
Well, I guess I'll try it Monday!

Old 08-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I mailed in my application August 11th.
The check cleared my bank on August 22.
I got the stickers August 26th.

Pretty quick for the Government.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Enthusiast

The LA times mentioned there was an online petition started to change the size/number of those ugly HOV stickers. Does anyone have a link to that petition site?

-- Frank

Old 08-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atrain
I'm waiting for my liscense plates too on my new 05HCH. I was wondering if I could submit the application w/ just the VIN and not the liscense plate #. I called Sacramento today and got the run around. Can anyone confirm if you can definitely send in the application with just the VIN?

Thanks.
Hi, I have the very same question. I did contact the Auto Club and they did call Sacramento on my behalf. The Air Resources Board (or whatever that governmental body is that's working in conjunction with the DMV) did say that I needed my license plate number.

I was frustrated by the fact my dealer says it could take up to 60 days to receive my plates, so I again, I called the AAA source. She told me that the VIN was not required, so I applied but have yet to receive my plates.

Send me an IM if you would like, and I can furnish my contact info to the Auto Club.

Lansing

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands