AutoLock

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: AutoLock

Soleil24: If you're from Canada, I wonder if you can't get it to work because it doesn't work there. Just like there is no trunk release on the remote, maybe they disable this feature too. I can't image why.

If not, keep trying. I remember it was tricky and it took me 2 or 3 times to get the unlock set correctly. I did the locking correctly the first time but the unlock was more work for some reason.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thank you all. I finally made it work tonight.

I first disable the set-up I had in place and did the routine like describe in the owner's manual.

I have no idea why It did not work the first time I tried it.

Thanks

Old 07-29-2006, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mochisushi
I followed the manual, not the quick guide. All I did was shift to R and back. Don't forget that you also have to turn off the ignition within FIVE Seconds.

I have it set to lock at 9 MPH and unlock when turning off the ignition. I like these settings as I can drop off my son at school (unlock the doors) and the doors will automatically lock again when I pull away. If I have it set to lock when shifting out of PARK, the doors wouldn't re-lock.

For unlocking, this works good as I can shift to N and turn off the ignition (doors unlock), then move the lever to P. Otherwise, the engine re-starts when shifting to P. When the Auto Unlock is set to unlock when shifting to P, the doors will not unlock if the ignition is shut off before shifting to P. Now, I have the best of both worlds.
I am just able to program the same setup as yours but still unable to make all doors unlock. What's the difference? I have tried to move the shift to N and turn off the ignition but only the driver's door gets unlock. Any help? Thanks!

Old 07-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by annguyen251
I am just able to program the same setup as yours but still unable to make all doors unlock. What's the difference? I have tried to move the shift to N and turn off the ignition but only the driver's door gets unlock. Any help? Thanks!
That is the way it is supposed to work. You can't unlock all the doors .. just the driver's door.