Canadian Hybrid Owners- who are you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Nerd
Default Re: Canadian Hybrid Owners- who are you?

Press and hold MAP, MENU and CANCEL for about 5 seconds.
I press MAP with the ring finger,
MENU with the middle finger and
CANCEL with the index finger.
If you've recently had a toe grafted onto a missing thumb, don't try it.
You will see:

Then touch "GPS Information" and you'll see:

Old 08-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by guicide
Press and hold MAP, MENU and CANCEL for about 5 seconds.
I press MAP with the ring finger,
MENU with the middle finger and
CANCEL with the index finger.
If you've recently had a toe grafted onto a missing thumb, don't try it.
You will see:...
You can also give the voice command: "Display current position" and I think you might get the same info if you touch the car position icon on the screen.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Nerd

Originally Posted by Zinger
You can also give the voice command: "Display current position" and I think you might get the same info if you touch the car position icon on the screen.
I think that only works while you are on the map. After a few minutes off of the map, the display goes blank. Also, it does not update as you drive.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Tan
Enthusiast

Hello,

I am also from Ottawa. I agree that the trunk release option on the key fob should be present in the Canadian model. Honda will probably put it in the 07 model....

Do you guys know how many km does the engine take to "break in". I hear that there is an improvement in gas mileage wafter this period. My typical communite to work is about 15 km through stop and go traffic. I average 5.5 - 5.9 l/100 km. I try not to rapidly accelerate and glide to lights whenever possible. Does anyone know typical city gas mileage? Has anyone able to get the car to use electric only? I believe I was able to do so the other night, while driving at 60 km/h. The real time fuel consumptiondisplay showed no bars and I had 3-4 bars of assist.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tan
Hello,

I am also from Ottawa. I agree that the trunk release option on the key fob should be present in the Canadian model. Honda will probably put it in the 07 model....

Do you guys know how many km does the engine take to "break in". I hear that there is an improvement in gas mileage wafter this period. My typical communite to work is about 15 km through stop and go traffic. I average 5.5 - 5.9 l/100 km. I try not to rapidly accelerate and glide to lights whenever possible. Does anyone know typical city gas mileage? Has anyone able to get the car to use electric only? I believe I was able to do so the other night, while driving at 60 km/h. The real time fuel consumptiondisplay showed no bars and I had 3-4 bars of assist.
Hi,

First, let say the partern you describe at the end of your message is the electric mode only. As for l/100km average, yes with time you'll see an improvment and I think it will be a mix of "break in" been done but mostly an improvment of your driving technique. To acheive below 5.0l/100km average you must listen your car and learn how it's working. Also with time, I've learn not to look for the electric mode only when crusing but more for a low l/100km average. I get better result this way and also I noticed that I fall into electric mode without doing nothing special more often...

Also, If you don't do it already, get you fuel consumption from real calculation as oppose by the number displayed by the car because I notice that if you only do stop and go it tend to be bigger than the reality.

Hope this help.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by JavaJ
I thought I would start this thread to see how many Canadians are out there in GH land. Please leave your mark here (and it serves as a great resource for other new owners who may have Canadian-specific questions like- hey, why don't I have a trunk release on my key? And we can answer back- we have no clue?).
Hummm... I thought about it and why not - I'll leave my mark here as well. I'm from Manitoba.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 08-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Enthusiast

I'm from Georgetown Ontario

My other car has a trunk release so I still reach for the non-existant one in my HCHII

I'd also like better lumbar support (adjustable).