Car Jerky?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Car Jerky?

In my case, I noticed it mostly on decel at under 5 mph. What's happening is that regen is shutting off (a little too abruptly, if you ask me!). You can see this graphically, as the green bars of charging suddenly disappear, and the car then surges forward as the charging load is removed.

I've had my car for a month now. You get used to it!

Old 05-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Proud owner HCHII

Have you read Delta Flyer's piece today under "Hybrid Design Poll". He has been having bad jerky problems as well !

Old 05-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have the same problem with the jerkiness. I wonder if any of the HCH I have this problem and if it is normal? When you are going 5-7 mph I think it is going in and out of auto stop trying to figure out if it should go into auto stop. I have learned to speed up in theses situations or slow down.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:46 AM

I've experienced all of the problems you guys mentioned above, but ALSO, I feel the car jerk when accelerating sometimes. As in, the car kinda hesitates or misfires. I usually have the radio up loud, so I can't really tell since the bass vibrates my seat so much. But I've noticed it more and more lately. I think I'm going to drive to school and back today with no radio and see if I can feel it. If so, I'm taking it to the dealer today....I'll let you guys know.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Enthusiast

Yeah I noticed my car was having seizures at about 5-10mph. Also, wayy off topic, but I was curious how I get the MPG feature on this forum. I attempted to today and got all sorts of errors. Anyways, you guys are great, and I'm glad to be here.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by mexiken
I've experienced all of the problems you guys mentioned above, but ALSO, I feel the car jerk when accelerating sometimes. As in, the car kinda hesitates or misfires. I usually have the radio up loud, so I can't really tell since the bass vibrates my seat so much. But I've noticed it more and more lately. I think I'm going to drive to school and back today with no radio and see if I can feel it. If so, I'm taking it to the dealer today....I'll let you guys know.
Its not a misfire, its the transistion between the electic motor and the gas motor. The gas motor hasn't fully started up as your accelarating and the electric motor is powering the car briefly, thats why it feels as if it is stalling. Give it a little more fuel to keep from jerking or just deal with it. It is causing no harm to the car.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:10 PM

No, its not that. I mean it starts hesitating and misfiring AFTER its started accelerating, as in, between 15-25 mph. The electric motor has long ceased to come out of Autostop by the time this happens. I felt it today when I accelerated a little harder....but for slower speeds, it doesn't do it.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:52 PM

Okay, I am sorry. That is def. not what I said then. Sounds like you def. have a problem. Did you use a poor quality gas possibly? I have known that some stations offer lower then 87 ocatne gas in some parts of the country. You could have a bad knock sensor or any number of things.

Old 05-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Vegetarian

Car jerky? Yum.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:04 AM

I live in California, we don't have anything lower than 87 here. I don't know what it is, but its VERY PREVALENT when accelerating and turning a corner at the same time. As in, if I stop at a corner, and turn right and go, it hesitated A LOT tonight....It MIGHT have been the engine not fully kicked back in yet, but I could have sworn it was AFTER that.

Quick Reply: Car Jerky?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands