Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Your dealer has a listing that tells him or her exactly what is coming into their dealership, (Colors-Options) like the Nav. as an example. If your dealer is not sharing that info. with you right now then I would suggest that if possible use a different Honda dealer and get your deposit back from the other.
Good-Luck;

Terry
What Terry said is true. I want the Nav option and the manager told me that according to Honda they are only getting two with Nav on their initial allocation. One gray and one silver with a build date of September 10, 2005 and September 28, 2005. Unfortunately, he doesn't know which one will arrive first and the specific color of gray it is, could be Magnetic Pearl or Galaxy Gray. Delivery date would be late October or early November for the ones with Nav. The ones without Nav may be earlier. I am #2 on the list and I made a deposit on September 11, 2005. Good Luck to all who are waiting for the 06HCH.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Does anyone know where I could find a list of the top volume Honda dealers? I know dealers are allocated cars based on their sales volume. Those dealers that move a lot of cars get more cars and vice versa. Make sense to me, so I figure if I found the largest volume Honda dealer in my area, I would stand a better chance of getting my Civic faster. I have done Google searches on several topics, but cannot find a list.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Generally, you have what are called 'coverage cars' for the initial allocation - almost every dealer gets these.

For the 2006 HCH, the initial shipments are to contain 1 Magnetic Pearl *with* Navi, and 1 Alabaster Silver *without* Navi. 'Expected arrival' is Oct 20-22, per the build sheet, but this can change, due to variables like customs, transport, weather, etc.

You can likely figure that these cars have made port already in San Diego or Portland, and they're sitting waiting for the next step of their journey.
Since I want a non-Navi Mag. Pearl (I think the outside color works better with the two-tone interior than the Silver does), I have to order mine. But I still reserved one of the coverage cars with a refundable deposit. Once I test drive it, I'll release the car back...hmm...catch & release...and get my order ready for Jan 2006 delivery (unless I'm *so* impressed that I throw all caution to the wind. But I doubt that will happen.)

The good dealers will share their build sheets with you. The so-so ones will tell you "they have no info" - I experienced this personally a few weeks ago. But they do.

Old 10-03-2005, 03:33 PM

Thanks for the informative post, Reynolds. Nearly every dealer I've spoken to claimed they had no information. One of them did say, a few weeks ago, that in late october they'd get one with nav and one without, but they were marking the cars up $1000 so of course I'm not buying from there.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:34 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

Originally Posted by ashong
What Terry said is true. I want the Nav option and the manager told me that according to Honda they are only getting two with Nav on their initial allocation. One gray and one silver with a build date of September 10, 2005 and September 28, 2005. Unfortunately, he doesn't know which one will arrive first and the specific color of gray it is, could be Magnetic Pearl or Galaxy Gray. Delivery date would be late October or early November for the ones with Nav. The ones without Nav may be earlier. I am #2 on the list and I made a deposit on September 11, 2005. Good Luck to all who are waiting for the 06HCH.
Hi ashong; You are right about the availability of the HCH with Nav. option, when I placed the order for mine I wanted to make sure that I ordered the (Lightest-Color) "Very-Hot Here In Summer" and that it would also have the two-tone blue interior. My dealer did a locate in Hondas System and found (Two) vehicles being built before the end of the yr. The one I wanted is the Alabaster Silver Metallic with Two-Tone Blue Interior and Nav. Option. I cannot remember the states involved in the locate for my dealer but I think it was a 4-State Locate and like I said only two units being built and delivered before the end of the yr.

So those that wait I think are going to get a big surprise if they want a certain color and or Nav. option.

Enjoy your new HCH when you get it and if you think about it (E-Mail) me and let me know how you like it. tigerhonaker@aol.com

Regards;

Terry

BTW; I'm living in Nash. TN. Where are you living? The State________

Old 10-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by Reynolds
Generally, you have what are called 'coverage cars' for the initial allocation - almost every dealer gets these.

For the 2006 HCH, the initial shipments are to contain 1 Magnetic Pearl *with* Navi, and 1 Alabaster Silver *without* Navi. 'Expected arrival' is Oct 20-22, per the build sheet, but this can change, due to variables like customs, transport, weather, etc.
I spoke to a Honda dealer yesterday and he showed me his Shipment sheets and shows he is getting 4 Hybrids on or before 10/4 and then the next shipment is another 4 in early Novemeber. I did not notice the colors or if they came with or w/o Navi. All 8 of those Hybrids are already sold, I am seriously considering geting one of then next batch, due in Decemeber (dealer did not have the sheets on these yet, so not sure how many are coming) and the dealer told me I could "order" the color I wanted. I explained I wanted the 2006 $2100 Federal rebate, so he agreed to hold deleivery until after January 1. (I am sure the dealer would love to have a Hybid on the lot to show other interested buyers, but you can bet I will make sure it has no addtional miles on it - from others test driving it)

Old 10-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lkewin
I spoke to a Honda dealer yesterday and he showed me his Shipment sheets and shows he is getting 4 Hybrids on or before 10/4 and then the next shipment is another 4 in early Novemeber. I did not notice the colors or if they came with or w/o Navi. All 8 of those Hybrids are already sold, I am seriously considering geting one of then next batch, due in Decemeber (dealer did not have the sheets on these yet, so not sure how many are coming) and the dealer told me I could "order" the color I wanted. I explained I wanted the 2006 $2100 Federal rebate, so he agreed to hold deleivery until after January 1. (I am sure the dealer would love to have a Hybid on the lot to show other interested buyers, but you can bet I will make sure it has no addtional miles on it - from others test driving it)
So this dealer you've spoke to yesterday is actually receiving their first 4 Hybrids by the end of today, 10/04?

Old 10-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by Frankienux
So this dealer you've spoke to yesterday is actually receiving their first 4 Hybrids by the end of today, 10/04?
My bad folks... Should have read first 4 hybrids will arrive by 10/14....

So sorry to whip everone into a frenzy. Hope no one was jumping a jet to come see these arrive !

Again..So sorry

Old 10-04-2005, 12:05 PM

Still, 4 hybrids by 10/14 is good, considering many say they're not getting them anytime in October. One even told me it would be mid-to-late November, oddly, but no one else said that.

Old 10-04-2005, 05:35 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
Still, 4 hybrids by 10/14 is good, considering many say they're not getting them anytime in October. One even told me it would be mid-to-late November, oddly, but no one else said that.
I don't know if you are referring to me or not and the only reason I say that is because my dealer has told me that the HCH I put the deposit on had a "Build-Date-Of-9/28/05" and I probably would not see the HCH until last week of Oct. but more than likely it would be before the middle of Nov. So I think when you come right down to it they really don't know at this point and are guessing (IMO).

Terry

Quick Reply: Civic Hybrid Delivery Date

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands