Driver's window - jumping out of track

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Driver's window - jumping out of track

I've had my 06 HCH-II for a few months now. Recently, the driver's window will occassionally jump out of the track on the way up and then roll back down.

This will happen once or twice a week and then be fine for the next ten series of ups and downs. When it does jump the track, it will not go all the way up for several attempts and then somehow fixes itself.

Anybody else had trouble with their driver's window stopping on the way up?

Ron in SoCal

Old 05-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driver's window - jumping out of track

I saw somewhere either on this forum or another hybrid forum that a few HCH2's have been reported to have this problem. You should head over to the dealer and make them fix it. There must be someone on the HCH2 assembly line not lining things up correctly ;P

-G

Old 05-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

best thing to do is take it to the dealer. that is what the warranty is for. but, i have heard a couple of non hybrid civics having the same problem.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

The same problem developed in my girlfriends 06 civic hybrid, made
in 9/05, one of the very first in the U.S.

Honda dealer replaced the rubber window track and now it works fine. Also
the best thing you can do is when it jumps out of the track leave it that
way and go right to your honda dealer, thats what she did.

Hope this helps.

Alster

Old 05-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My 2004, on the passenger side, the window will not roll all the way down anymore. It's apparent that it's hitting something, because just before it stops I can see the interior door panel bulge as though it's protruding into the window's path and getting pushed around. Any ideas about this one?

Old 05-12-2006, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by zimbop
My 2004, on the passenger side, the window will not roll all the way down anymore. It's apparent that it's hitting something, because just before it stops I can see the interior door panel bulge as though it's protruding into the window's path and getting pushed around. Any ideas about this one?
Humans and other living things can heal themselves when they're broken. Cars don't heal. If something is broken and you don't fix it, it's likely to get worse. If you wait till that bulge in your door panel becomes a tear it may cost you a lot more to repair. The bottom line - don't delay fixing it. With these door mechanisms sometimes all it needs is lubrication, before something seriously breaks.

Old 05-13-2006, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by ElanC
Humans and other living things can heal themselves when they're broken. Cars don't heal. If something is broken and you don't fix it, it's likely to get worse. If you wait till that bulge in your door panel becomes a tear it may cost you a lot more to repair. The bottom line - don't delay fixing it. With these door mechanisms sometimes all it needs is lubrication, before something seriously breaks.
That's precisely why I'm asking you all about it. Just wondering if anyone else experienced it so I can perhaps figure out how to fix it. On that note... does anyone know how to get the door panel off. Any tricks?

Old 05-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Boy am I glad I saw this Thread about the windows popping out of the track. I thought how am I going to explain this one at the dealer if it works ok when I come in. I was driving 75 mph in a real bad cross wind (from the right to the left) and rolled down the drivers window to get some air. I decided it was too windy and tried to roll it back up with the auto feature and it went up & down & it went up & down out of the track both times. I had to leave it jammed out in the rear tell I could get to a rest stop and nurse it back in. I’ve driven all week with no problem and it happened again Friday night. I am relieved it isn’t only my car because it doesn’t happen all the time. The auto wind is screwed up though. If the glass is 1/2 way down or up and I hit the auto up it goes up & back down to that spot. I heard all you need to do is disconnect the battery for 60 seconds and it clears the memory. Any takers on that thought?

Old 06-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just like to update this post with the conclusion of my recent visit to the dealer after it still happens. The service writer says hay this is the third one in here for that same problem in 2 weeks. I guess we need to stock the rubber & channel for our customers. That made me happy because my first trip to them the younger new writer said we cant fix if it isn’t doing it. It was only hapening some of the time.
So I am waiting for the parts it come in & get it fixed.

Last edited by grounded; 06-01-2006 at 09:11 AM.