Front passenger window issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Front passenger window issue

I'm having a similar problem with the driver's window on my '07. Occasionally, when I set the window to roll up automatically, it goes to the top, then goes back down 1/2 way and stops. Again, this is intermittent -- it will happen for a day or two, then all is well again. So unless it becomes permanent in the next few weeks, I'll wait until the next scheduled maintenance to have them check it out.

I should add that this has never occurred with the spouse's '06, and the windows in both are tinted.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

tanstaafl14-
When the window stops like what you are describing, it means the window is encountering some resistance, and stops raising any further.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

That's exactly what mine was doing. I could go for a week without it happening and then it would do it again (every morning I open my window to use a key card to enter a parking garage). I was generally able to physically "guide" the window back into the track manually after numerous attempts at simply rolling the window back up & down (which also sometimes worked). However, the problem got worse & worse (happened more and more often) and I found I was more and more loath to open my window even a crack, so finally went to the dealer. For me they changed the window regulator. I have had NO problem ever since. Every time I open my window now I still cringe expecting it to happen again (a sort of pavlovian response to the intermittent reinforcement behavior of the window before I got it fixed!) Get it fixed sooner rather than later!