HCH 08, Car choking and missfiring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default HCH 08, Car choking and missfiring?

I'm not a car person so i don't know what is the problem or if it's something serious.

I have an 08 Hyrbid with about 7k miles on it and this morning will i was on the highway i noticed that i start to choke/missfire (not sure if right terms), when i push down the gas it feels jerky and wouldn't want to accelerate. I was going about 65mph. (It was foggy and damp this morning) At time i thought it would stall.

I noticed the problem a once a a while time back but it went a away.
But this time it seems to last a while and i'm not sure if it's something serious and should i take it to the dealership.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH 08, Car choking and missfiring?

oh i was using 87 octane

Old 03-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

87 octane is what Honda recommends for your car. You shouldn't be using anything else.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
87 octane is what Honda recommends for your car. You shouldn't be using anything else.
Unless you live at altitude, in which case 85 octane behaves like 87 at sea level. Edit: BTW, you're not using 87 octane are you????

civic4me: Any chance you got bad gas? I had a similar experience several years ago in my Contour after buying discount gas at Albertsons. After the next fill up, everything was fine and I quit buying at Albertsons (now I buy at Kroger ). I would suggest a fill up, even if you're not at empty yet and see if the problem continues. If it does, try to isolate the conditions causing it and take it to the dealership. Good luck!

Old 03-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Enthusiast

yah, the tank current tank is 87 octane.
I'm not sure about the gas but the place i got i from is not a big national chain.
It's the same place that i have been getting all my gas from. I just filled the tank yesterday, so it could be the gas?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by civic4me
yah, the tank current tank is 87 octane.
I'm not sure about the gas but the place i got i from is not a big national chain.
It's the same place that i have been getting all my gas from. I just filled the tank yesterday, so it could be the gas?
If you just bought a tank yesterday, and the problem started yesterday, I would say it's quite possible. Has it behaved like that since you posted?

Old 03-19-2008, 07:06 AM

Unless you live at altitude, in which case 85 octane behaves like 87 at sea level. Edit: BTW, you're not using 87 octane are you????
haha. I knew someone was going to say that. I am using 105. Octane

Old 03-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Enthusiast

The problem went away on my drive home. So i'm not sure what is going on.
It was really foggy that day so i'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:21 AM

The fog shouldn't play a factor. Maybe your car was having a Monday (on a Tuesday)? If it happens again, try to isolate the factors that might be causing it (speed, engine temp, outside conditions, etc). If it doesn't, write it off as an automotive bad day...

Old 03-19-2008, 08:46 PM
USAF Retired

I have noticed on a couple of occasions that the car seems to surge in a jerky motion. It has happened when I give throttle going up a pretty steep hill. Doubt it is misfiring. Probably some computer bug. Has only happened twice in about 8,000 miles, so no big thing.

Quick Reply: HCH 08, Car choking and missfiring?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands