Hooray!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Double enthusiast
Default Hooray!

After almost six months, I finally got my HCH today. I had just about given it up. I waited for just what I wanted, Alabaster Silver with Navi. I sure hope the wait was worth it (so far, I love the car).
Now, we're a two-hybrid family, with a HH and now a HCH. From what I see, it will take several days just to get through all the manuals!

Old 07-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Hooray!

I waitied 5 1/2 months for mine - Magnetic Pearl with Navi. Luv it so far.
I think they underestimated the popularity of Navi on a Civic. One dealer told me (early on) that 1 in 8 were to be Navi-equipped.
For the regular Civic, that may be a good ratio.

But since they up-scaled the whole car, a new group of folks that would not have considered the Civic before, now do. Count me among that group.
MPG-hounds wanting Hybrids, want their toys too (oh, why did they leave off Blue-tooth?). At least a larger percentage of us. I suspect they are NOW building more hybrids with Navi than when they first began production.

I, also, may never finish the manuals!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hooray!

Originally Posted by gumby
I waitied 5 1/2 months for mine - Magnetic Pearl with Navi. Luv it so far.
I think they underestimated the popularity of Navi on a Civic. One dealer told me (early on) that 1 in 8 were to be Navi-equipped.
For the regular Civic, that may be a good ratio.

But since they up-scaled the whole car, a new group of folks that would not have considered the Civic before, now do. Count me among that group.
MPG-hounds wanting Hybrids, want their toys too (oh, why did they leave off Blue-tooth?). At least a larger percentage of us. I suspect they are NOW building more hybrids with Navi than when they first began production.

I, also, may never finish the manuals!
This echos my observations. Many people were saying at the end of last year that navigation was difficult to find and some were waiting several months or opting for third party options due to lack of availability. Interesting that when I went to reserve a HCH this month, most of what they had coming in were with the nav. I suspect that Honda has switched production over to mostly nav versions to meet demand. Seems to be about 70% to 80% of the HCH being built today.