HOV stickers

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: HOV stickers

Originally Posted by michklemba
Here's more:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

"Yellow Clean Air Vehicle Stickers were limited to the first 85,000 applicants of qualifying hybrids. This limit has been reached and there will be no more yellow stickers issued. The expiration date for the yellow stickers has been extended until July 1, 2011. Hybrid vehicles shaded below in yellow are the only models that qualified and there will be no further models added. Any new applications for yellow Clean Air Vehicle stickers will be rejected."
I hope the CHP will train their officers about this extension before I get pulled over again:
I just got pulled over this morning for driving by mysefl in the carpool lane with my yellow sticker on my 2005 Prius?
I asked the office if he is aware that I have yellow stickers and he said they expired at the end of January 2011. He said I would need white ones. Since I didn't know he was nice enough not to issue a ticket, which he said runs $800, so I should not get caught again by myself in the carpool lane...