How far is your daily commute?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How far is your daily commute?

Originally Posted by bluecivichybrid
most of my driving is on the highway, and i set cruise control at 60 mph. it contains plenty of hills and inclines that require 33-50% assist uphill and trickle to full-charge downhill. do you think i would fare much better mileage "driving with the load" attaining 65 mph at the bottom of hills and slowing down to 55 mph at the top of the hills? what speeds should i try?
I'm really not an expert on the hilly driving tips - I live in Phoenix, and almost all my driving is either flat or on a VERY SLIGHT incline.

any drivers in hilly environs wish to give some tips?

Old 04-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How far is your daily commute?

i tried driving with the load yesterday and today, holding the throttle at 45 mpg uphill and trying to stay above 60 mpg on the downslopes

got around 54 mpg, much better than my usual 48 mpg average

however, on the way back home, there are more uphills than downhills so i dont think technique will work. i probably will just stick to cruise control at 60 mph on the way home

anybody have any tips?