How much did you pay for your first service at Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your first service at Honda?

Jaykay- if your $110 thing is the same as my $110 thing, I wonder why it's 5000 miles apart? Anyway, I figured that the difference was de minimus- if I paid the $110 then, my next oil was $12.95, so $123 for two. If I didn't, then the next coupon was no good, and I'd have to pay $52 for each, or $104 for two. So for about $19, they gave me a complete tuneup, with all the things that apparently entails- not a bad deal.

Your situation is probably different- if you aren't working with any discounts, it might not be worth it to check all the fluids, belts, brake pads, when they're all still pretty new. What the car 'needs' is subjective. You get as much maintenance as you are willing to pay for, and if you don't get the complete tuneup, you take on the risk that there's something they could have checked that could cause problems later. Early in a car's life, that risk isn't so bad. It's unlikely that you need new brake pads now, for instance. But it's up to you- discuss it with the mechanic if you get a chance.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I just got my oil changed at a Midas. They told me to bring in my own 0W-20 as they didn't stock it. I got the Mobil 1 synthetic for $5.68/ qt at Wal Mart in Lake Zurich and Midas credited me for the oil. Cost me about $40 for a synthetic O.C. and inspection, etc. The store manager had a hybrid Accord which made me feel comfortable that they knew what they were doing.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:40 AM

My Midas did a good job, Charged me $17 and I brought in my own Mobil 1. Full synthetic and $10 less thna the dealer. I did watch them though, of course.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by tdunc92
The charge today for the oil change and tire rotation here in Albuquerque was $69.99 (my first service at ~7400 miles). The dealer sends out 10% off coupons so the bottom line was $63. A bit high, but I had them do other minor work and the trip computer update at the same time. We'll see about next time...

Terry
Not to get off topic but...Whats up with the trip computer update? I asked about it at my dealer and they looked at me like I was from outer space...

Old 07-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Went to the Honda dealer for my first oil change and they washed the car also. $30

Old 08-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Enthusiast

My dealer (Gillman Honda) sent me mail a while back trying to get me to schedule a 5k maintenance appointment. After reading this forum, I decided to ignore it.

A1 minder came up at about 7500 miles for me so I called around. Russell Smith quoted $65 for oil change and tire rotation. Gillman quoted $55 ($40 for oil change and "a little more" for the tire rotation/balancing). Since it's much closer to my house, I went to Gillman. Ended up being about $82 total, but for what it's worth, I got the "free" inspection and express car wash as well. The low quote kinda peeved me since the price was posted in the service area (it's $40 for tire rotation/balancing). I'm due for a 10k maintenance supposedly so I might try the other place next time.

Oh yeah, Saturday morning seems to be incredibly popular for oil change/maint at Gillman so you might wanna bring it in during the week if you can. Otherwise bring reading material and enjoy the free coffee and donuts. Didn't get to try out their free wi-fi internet access.