Hybrid Sightings 5/16

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 05:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Hybrid Sightings 5/16

Today on my way to work I saw my first Insight and it was in my little small town then on the highway I saw a Prius and then of course the parking lot here at work has 2 more Prius' and one other (other than mine) HCH.

1 - Insight
3 - Prius'
2 - HCHs

And this is in the South, otherwise known as the land of overconsumptive SUVs and trucks.

Anyway it put a on my face and thought I'd share the good vibes!

Old 05-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Sightings 5/16

since my commute is in northern california, south bay, i see 8-10 priuses on my round trip commute every day it truly is an inspiration, although they always drive faster than me and pass me. seems like none i've seen are hypermilers

Old 05-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Enthusiast
Cool Re: Hybrid Sightings 5/16

Today on my way to work in Garland, TX I was stopped at a light to make a right turn when I saw a white Honda drive by in front of me. After I made my turn I noticed that the white honda had an antenna on the front like the HCH... but I was too far behind it to make sure. This is the first hybrid I've seen on my trek to work since I bought my HCH on April 8.

Unfortunately, I had to make a stop at the Post Office to mail a letter, and when I got back on the street I lost track of it. But now I've got something to look for!

Jimbob

Old 05-16-2005, 09:05 PM

speaking of antennas, i saw a beige (some say it's gold, but i don't believe them) hch with a 6 foot tall antenna extending from the center top of the trunk. the first thought that occured to me was, is this a ham radio? the second was, how in the world does this guy open his trunk fully to put stuff into it? removing that thing would be a hassle everytime you wished to put something into the trunk

Old 05-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Heh. I just saw a white HCH use our parking lot to turn around, and was inspired to visit this forum. I thought to myself "gee... she's wasting a lot of fuel doing a 3-point u-turn there. Didn't she see the 'Staff Parking Only - No Outlet' sign up front?"

Living in Austin, TX, I see Priuses a few times a week, and the occasional Insight. Since I bought my HCH about five weeks ago, I've noticed five or six distinct HCHs on the road here. I have three friends here who own hybrids: one a Prius, one an Insight, and the webmaster at the company next door owns an HCH that was the inspiration for my purchase.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:38 PM

Here in the Houston area I have seen several Priuses but only about 3 or 4 HCH and once in a blue moon Insight. Funny thing most of the Priuses have been in the countryside. Kevin

Old 05-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Priuses in the countryside near Houston?!? Must be joyriders from the city or 'burbs, 'cause I really can't picture any East Texan good ol' boys driving Priuses ;-p All I ever see out in the rural parts around Austin is huge pickup trucks and SUVs, and the occasional passer-through

Old 05-17-2005, 02:57 PM

Actually in Alvin and have seen another one several times near a town called Rosharon. Kevin

Old 05-18-2005, 07:34 AM

I live in Austin, TX and I don't go a day without seeing another HCH or Prius. Today as I was turning out of my complex, I saw a 03 HCH driving to work. It's a great feeling. I'd say on average I see about 5-6 hybrids a day driving around town. I only drive about 16 miles a day too.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Hybrid Sightings 5/16

Just spotted another one headed north on 183 in Austin. Like mine, it was a blue HCH. The driver seemed to be jockeying for passing positions... obviously in more of a hurry than most of us 'highmilers'