I just did the shindig

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I just did the shindig

Solar conductor? Ummm, no. The only solar conductor I've heard about are on Mercedes Benzes and Audis, and all they do is run the interior fan to cool the car while its parked.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Enthusiast

Hey there all,
I just got my 06 HCH-II with NAVI from Norm Reeves Honda Superstore in Cerritos Auto Square in Orange County, CA and paid almost $30,000. I spent 2 entire weekends trying to find a hybrid and all the dealers were putting at least a markup of $2000.

It was a horrible experience. They did not even let me drive the car and I could not do any negotiation on the price. The worst thing is that they sold me the 6 year/ 120,000 miles Honda Care kit for $1,975. After reading all the comments here, I feel miserable. I'm actually going there back tomorrow early in the morning and returning the Honda Care kit.

I cannot believe that I am paying this much for this car. Yes, it hall all the toys in it but still, it is a civic and nothing can change that fact. My major motive was to being able to get into those carpool lanes on my own. The traffic is horrible her in OC and I cannot stand it. I live in costa mesa and have to drive to LA for my business and almost all the time the traffic is deadly. There is no more rush hour traffic anymore.

Can you guys tell me when (and if) I'll be able to get those bumper stickers? Does DMV send them over to my address? sorry if I'm being redundant here. I'm new to this web forum...

Any suggestions on the rip-off price that I got?

Thanks in advance...

Old 06-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mucesur
Any suggestions on the rip-off price that I got?
I looked at the same dealer you mentioned. The key is to not do a walk-in. The normal sales team will not tolerate a single dime off the price simply because they know that within a day or so someone will happily pay the "market adjustment". Some dealers charge only MSRP but you have to get on their call list and be there first before everyone else they called gets the car. They likely won't negotiate any of the optional features/accessories.

What you really want to do us go through their fleet sales department. They don't take walk-ins. You have to contact them through Internet quote, Costco, Sams Club, AAA, Harrison Auto Consulting (laguna beach), direct referral, or others that can get you the fleet price. Usually, the fleet prices are more than invoice but less than MSRP. For the Civic, it is usually MSRP. Usually, the set prices are not negotiable. You agree to their price or you don't but you don't haggle, either.

If you show them proof of the Honda Care warranty from any of the Internet sites and make it clear (by refusing to listen to what they have to say when they attempt to debunk it) and are clear that you'll spend the money on that Honda Care instead of the dealers, they might listen to you. Then, again, it depends on many factors, least of which the finance officer's mood and personality.

So you spend $30k and didn't get too many features? Be happy, you got a good car. Next time, be more informed. Remember, you either play their game or you get played. They want more of your money you want to spend less of you money. They perfectly well can compromise and most won't in this HCH-II market. Just remember, you can always walk-out and take your money elsewhere.

I looked at 38 dealers in California and attempted to do business with 5 of them and got "played" by for of them and had my last hopes in only 1 of them and they came through for me. But I was a trying excercise, to say the least.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: I just did the shindig

Thanks for replying shawnb. And, today, I went to the dealer and showed them various pricing options available on the net and they tried to pretend that there could not be such a thing. But, when I insisted on it, they could not keep trying and let me cancel the agreement. So, I'm better off $1,975. Now, I need to go online and get the service contract there. Do you guys have any suggestions? Which site is the best one? And how much time does it take for them to let me re-put this Honda Care program on my car back? Also, finally, which is the best option when considering the prices and the benefits provided? (I normally drive at least 25,000 miles a year. May be this'll help you help me make a decision).

Thanks again and I'll definitely do my research next time before buying a car like this...:-(

Old 06-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for replying shawnb. And, today, I went to the dealer and showed them various pricing options available on the net and they tried to pretend that there could not be such a thing. But, when I insisted on it, they could not keep trying and let me cancel the agreement. So, I'm better off $1,975. Now, I need to go online and get the service contract there. Do you guys have any suggestions? Which site is the best one? And how much time does it take for them to let me re-put this Honda Care program on my car back? Also, finally, which is the best option when considering the prices and the benefits provided? (I normally drive at least 25,000 miles a year. May be this'll help you help me make a decision).

Thanks again and I'll definitely do my research next time before buying a car like this...:-(
I used myhondawarranty.com Sanucci Honda in Rhode Island. They were very nice and they charge $55 over cost plus they give you a coupon for $25 off their parts store! It's well worth it. They even make one charge to your credit card and then 12 equal monthly charges with no interest.

Rather amazing deal in my book.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Aneil Mishra, Ph.D.

Congrats on the HCHII purchase, and your very good negotiating skills. I paid more/year for my 6 year/80K warranty, but they were decent on the rest (MSRP, and a few options). Perhaps now with the Toyota Camry Hybrida increasingly available, dealers with have to be more reasonable. I love my HCHII, and am trying to convince my wife that the TCH should be our next purchase when we finish our lease on the Toyota Highlander.

Aneil Mishra

Old 06-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Energy Independence

Search around on this site. There are plenty of posts regarding HondaCare or extended warranty.
I also plan on getting my extended warranty through Saccucci (myhondawarranty.com). I'll get either the 84month/120K/$0 deductible plan for $900, or the 96month/120K/$0 deductible plan for $980.

And you have plenty of time (up to 6000 miles, as I recall) to get these extended warranties at the really good pricing. I wouldn't push the miles limit too close, especially since you drive 25K/yr. It appears really simple to apply and pay for it entirely on their web-site. From what I've read (here and on Saccucci's site), it'll take 3-4 weeks to get all the paperwork complete and mailed back to you.

I think the 72month/120K/$0 deductible plan would be a good plan for you to consider. It's priced at $830. Or even cheaper is the 60month/100K/$0 deductible plan for $670. That extra year and 20K miles ends up costing $160. Not bad for an extra year/20K miles.

Enjoy your new car . Learn lots about it here and on your own.
Mine will arrive at my dealership any day now.

Welcome aboard!

Old 06-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: I just did the shindig

Thank you guys! I'm so excited! I really like my car, and everyone is asking all sorts of questions. Do you guys know how the interior lighting accessories looks like? Is it worth the additional cost to have it installed on the car? I think I just like fancy stuff on my car, just like the NAVI and Imay seriously consider having another dealer install these interior lighting accessories... Any suggestions? Thanks...

Old 06-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thank you guys! I'm so excited! I really like my car, and everyone is asking all sorts of questions. Do you guys know how the interior lighting accessories looks like? Is it worth the additional cost to have it installed on the car? I think I just like fancy stuff on my car, just like the NAVI and Imay seriously consider having another dealer install these interior lighting accessories... Any suggestions? Thanks...
I am having the interior lighting installed. I pick up the car on Friday. I'll let you know how it is. Just keep in mind, the lighting kit is not available if you also have the fog lights; at least the dealer won't install it. I have no immediate need for the fog lights so it isn't a problem. I did have a concern because I'm having Honda install a moonroof, but they looked into it for me and said it *shouldn't* be a problem and they'll know for sure tomorrow (thursday) when they attempt to install the lighting kit after they install the auto dimming mirror. They have to do installs in order it it doesn't work right.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-22-2006, 07:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

you can get the foglights installed too. only if you have the si or the coupe you cannot get the interior lighting installed.

Quick Reply: I just did the shindig

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands