Is Lakedude really getting 60mpg?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is Lakedude really getting 60mpg?

Are you on your way to 100mpg?
Thanks, but I hope to have at least a few tanks @ 65 this year.

BTW, BigBear, gotta love that Alias!

Old 05-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Got a another record tank in the works. It has been in the 80s and I've not used the AC just yet. This tank is at 250 miles with 73.8 mpg shown on trip "A". I'm hopeing for just over 70 at the pump, it will be at least high 60ies for sure.

Ya'll might hafta change the title to "Is Lakedude really getting 70mpg?"

Old 05-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

ohh i envy your mileage

Old 05-11-2005, 06:11 PM

Thanks I'm really happy with the HCH.

I've been thinking of doing the worlds most boring 30 minute video by filming a trip to work zoomed in on the dash. I can film it, crop it and smash down with a mpeg-4 codec but I've got no way to host the end product. I'm not sure how many meg it would turn out to be. A full screen, full speed video 90 minutes long takes up 700 meg. 30 minutes would be about 250 meg. Reducing the quality and croping the size down would shrink it quite a be more perhaps down around 50-100 meg. This size is too big to e-mail so I don't know how I'd get it posted. Anybody got any ideas?

I really want to post video proof of my MPG as not all are believers.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:27 PM

I will host it for you if you wanted. One thing you might want to look into is to see if you can drop like 1 or 2 frames out of the 30 or so per second displayed. It will play faster, take less space and you won't realy notice a difference.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:44 PM

I've been involved in a same video project.
My first filming attempt was a flop, I placed the camera high and tward the center of the car, just to the side of the headrest to catch both FCD and the IMA gauges.
Too bad that only ~30 feet of road was visible.

I'm trying another one tomorrow, this time the camera placed lower and on the other side of the seat, near the seat belt hoop on the center pillar.

I'll have to see how it goes.

Good luck on your attempts as well!

Old 05-11-2005, 07:19 PM

this is really interesting i'd gladly watch the entire length of the clip for inspiration

Old 05-11-2005, 07:35 PM

tbaleno

Cool! Thanks! I guess I need to send you a disk at some point so I guess you can PM me with your address, unless you have a better idea. I don't like having my personal info all over the internet so please keep my real name private.

Hot 2004-dude

Yeah, good luck on your tape. Are you gonna post the video somewhere? I read about your first attempt and that rekindled a desire to get a video posted. I've wanted to see a video posted ever since the "real or fake" issue came up a while back. Some do not believe we are doing as well as we truly are. Pictures are easy to fake in just a few minutes with Paint Shop Pro. A video would be much better proof.

BCH

Cool, I'll try to make one right away.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:22 PM

Hi Lakedude:
Originally Posted by lakedude
Pictures are easy to fake in just a few minutes with Paint Shop Pro. A video would be much better proof.
___That is unless the doubter wants the digital originals and they can inspect it in its full blown goodness with any tool they so choose. That is as easy as an E-Mail.

___As it stands, 30% > then EPA estimates for an lmpg (Little Beauty’s and Accord PZEV’s lmpg) is quite doable in the Honda’s. > 60 - 80% higher then EPA over a segment with a tail wind and perfect weather conditions ie. 75 - 85 degree temps, no rain (Insight’s 117.2 mpg - 95 mile run). Some Ford’s are probably good for a higher % above the EPA for their lmpg’s (Ranger P/U as an example) but lesser segment highs. Toyota’s are good for maybe 20 - 25% higher then the EPA for lmpg’s (see Singing Tiger’s lmpg) and maybe 50% higher for a segment (see Krousdb’s 86 mpg tank).

___As we have discussed in the past and knowing what you and Hot_Georgia_2004 have achieved in your respective 5-speed and CVT HCH’s respectively as of late, I am fully expecting a 75 mpg tank from you and a 70 mpg tank from Hot_Georgia_2004 sometime this summer?

___I think my youngest and I will have to go for a drive in the Accord with the Sony to do a recording. It will not be as exciting as you guys because the Accord’s Instantaneous is always pegged at its maximum range of 50 mpg when out on the highway but at least the averaging display still climbs. I wonder if Jason could host a small xvid? or .wmv with 1 minute of fast forwarded highlights including commentary? I do not have the capability to produce this myself but I could send one of you a Hi-8 analog tape to change into one of the digital formats? The MDX might be a good candidate for this as well given it doesn’t max its instantaneous when hypermiling.

___I am sure where you know I am going with this … DVD for sale. You too can beat the EPA or Fuel Economy Dr. from the best of the best

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 05-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Talking Re: Is Lakedude really getting 60mpg?

Hey Lakedude,
That's great, be sure to post your results when you fill up again. Sorry I ever doubted, I was just jealous. I'm about to get another 50+ mpg tank, not Lakedude great, but very good nontheless.
Jeff

Quick Reply: Is Lakedude really getting 60mpg?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands