Maroon 5 HCH aerodynamics

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Default Re: Maroon 5 HCH aerodynamics

Stop it guys. Your bringing back thoughts into my mind which I thought I had banished. I considered doing a turbo. Maybe running 4 lbs of boost. I think that our engine could handle that. I realy don't want to spend the 4K or so to do it though. Your talk is slowily lowering my resistance.

BTW, doesn't adding a turbo mess with emisions and stuff because the co2 sensor readings are off? I see with normal civics when they add a turbo they have to put in some kind of fake co2 sensor to fool the ECU.

Old 05-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

yes, the ecu will have to be either fooled like that or swapped out for a programmable aftermarket replacement. will gladly stop the talk if it's so tempting

Old 05-11-2005, 08:55 PM

heh.

Hey. A slogan for jasons contest.

HCH: Fortified Rice.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:18 PM

since we're off on this tangent, has anybody ever seen an "Eat My Voltage" sticker on the Prius I? i know a person who has this sticker on her prius, and I wish honda made something like it too

Old 05-12-2005, 11:51 AM

Hey, are you guys hijacking my thread? ;-)

Back towards the subject of taking a hybrid and making it more appealing to the masses, it seems like you folks would have some opinions on whether it is better to:

a) do everything possible to maximize my own personal MPG, or
b) drive 'normally' and adorn the car as you wish (wheels, heavier stereos, etc.), with reduced MPG, in order to pull more people into the hybrid fold.

Sometimes these two objectives collide. What are your opinions about which is the better strategy for helping the technology, polluting the planet less, etc.?

Old 05-13-2005, 09:29 AM

a compromise between the two makes more sense. that means moderately modifying your hybrid (wheels, sound, seats) while doing your best to attain over epa mileage

yes, i know my mpg average is much lower, but i'm pulling up my mileage - if you can see on the mpg graph

Old 05-13-2005, 09:38 AM

I'm doing pretty good on the MPG thing and I've got about 200lbs or more of car audio stuff. I suspect how you drive the car has more of an effect that what you do it for the most part.