New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 05:15 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Originally Posted by dshelman
I decided to get an XM radio -- a Delphi Roadie w/remote control. Total cost < $50. I figure that if I really like XM, then I'll spring for the integrated one for my '06 HCH. In the meantime, it's plugged into the aux port and the setup looks OK. So far, I like it pretty well. We'll see how much I use it after a couple of months. Here in So. California, we have an abundance of really cool FM stations, including Jack FM.

I want to take this opportunity to mention that the AM radio in the standard HCH sounds like crap. FM, and my iAudio through the Aux port sound great, but the AM sounds like being inside a box. Wierd. Guess I'll have to give up talk radio .

Don
Don; you want have to give up talk Radio if you have X/M it is on there; Correct; check your listings I am pretty sure it's on the list of X/M stations.

HTH

Terry

Old 11-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

I drove an 06 Civic with navigation and XM was already on it, from factory. So does not appear to be an add on.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Originally Posted by DTDRIVER
I drove an 06 Civic with navigation and XM was already on it, from factory. So does not appear to be an add on.
I doubt that it was factory installed. The Honda web site shows it explicitly as an accessory. The dealer probably decided to install it before showing the car so they could make the extra profit on the accessory. It's another way of making customers pay more than what they'd like to.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:10 PM

Echoing what ElanC said. The factory would never install XM, but the dealer might before they put the car on sale.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:23 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Unless he looked at a Coupe. The Coupe with NAV includes XM Radio. I noticed this when reading the Si Brochure that my son picked up. Here's something from the Honda website for the coupe.

EX with Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
• Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition and 6.5" customizable touch screen, digital audio-card reader and XM® Satellite Radio**

This is for the Sedan.

• Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition with 6.5" customizable touch screen, digital audio card reader.

• 160-watt AM/FM/XM Ready®†/CD audio system with six speakers

I wonder why (besides cost) that Honda did this???

Old 11-13-2005, 09:39 PM

Oh I didn't know that, mochi. That is really strange.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Honda is laid back and does some dumb things. They put XM on an Element EX 2wd and 4wd. Dont put it on any CRV, with only options for high end CRVs. Would be really simple to put same radio in all of the vehicles eith with XM or as a reasonable option like the $100 at big box stores.

The Civic I drove with XM may have been a coupe. I have driven six of them so far and some were coupes. I was thinking it was on a 4dr EX. Maybe someone on here can look and see. I will do so when I get back to Honda store. Utterly rediculious that they would discriminate between a 4 door and 2 door, including the Hybrid.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DTDRIVER
Honda is laid back and does some dumb things. They put XM on an Element EX 2wd and 4wd. Dont put it on any CRV, with only options for high end CRVs. Would be really simple to put same radio in all of the vehicles eith with XM or as a reasonable option like the $100 at big box stores.

The Civic I drove with XM may have been a coupe. I have driven six of them so far and some were coupes. I was thinking it was on a 4dr EX. Maybe someone on here can look and see. I will do so when I get back to Honda store. Utterly rediculious that they would discriminate between a 4 door and 2 door, including the Hybrid.
You.re right, the EX coupe with Nav has XM radio as a standard feature. My mistake.

Why do they do it? It's all marketing. They have to add some features to differentiate one model from another. And I wouldn't be surprised if the incremental cost of buying it from the factory is less than the cost of adding it on.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Well as you pointed out the (Pin-Stripes) may or may not go with the 06 Chassis but the only way I know to find out for sure is to have them installed on the car with the (Window-Tint) and see how they look together on the (Alabaster-Silver-Metallic) 06 HCH with the (Blue-Interior).
Were you able to order Alabaster Silver and the Blue? According to the Civic brochures, the blue interior is only available on the Hybrid and only with the Magnetic Pearl. ( decided NOT to get the Magnetic Pearl becasue the blue + ivory trim and black dash trim was just one to many colors going on with the interior - I went with Galaxy Gray instead.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by mochisushi
Unless he looked at a Coupe. The Coupe with NAV includes XM Radio. I noticed this when reading the Si Brochure that my son picked up. Here's something from the Honda website for the coupe.

• Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition and 6.5" customizable touch screen, digital audio-card reader and XM® Satellite Radio**

This is for the Sedan.

• Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition with 6.5" customizable touch screen, digital audio card reader.

• 160-watt AM/FM/XM Ready®†/CD audio system with six speakers

I wonder why (besides cost) that Honda did this???
Well... both cars have the XM(-able) radio, but maybe not the TUNER to make them catch a signal

---

But then My sis-in-law in Columbus got a call from her dealer that mentioned her 06 Hybrid was going to have a sunroof in it, and she quoted some page from the product training manual for the sales guys that mentioned a sunroof. My first thought was "maybe the CANADIAN version??" and second was that he was either looking at the regular EX configs. Third was that it's a misprint. Everything I've read so far said that there's no bird-plop-chute on a Civic Hybrid

Quick Reply: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands