new stereo installed today

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Default Re: new stereo installed today

There is a din kit available. Look at my car at http://www.sounddomain.com/id/tdb30 and you can see what it looks like. I painted mine they are black of course. Here is a link to where to get it http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=265-668

Old 08-24-2005, 01:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Please post these in share section. And link from there. Also reduce the size a little
done, all of these pictures (and a few more) are now in the shares section and all photos have been resized to 50% of their original size...sry bout that dial-up users

Old 08-26-2005, 04:36 AM
HCH Enthusist

This is my next deck i am goign to install in my HCH. I am really looking forward to using it. Thanks for the reply on being able to see it during the day with the sun on it. i wonder if ti is compatable with that DIN kit that tbaleno used in his car i really like that but i also like the black one too.

I currently run a Pioneer head unit:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...014395,00.html

My Front speakers are 6.5 inch ( using 1 inch risers ) :

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/...=104&p_main=10

Rear speakers :

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/...y=90&p_main=10

and a 4 channel amp with custom 4 gauge wiring kit from Lighting audio :

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...h%20Amplifiers

I bought the amp wiring kit from pepboys the rest was purchased at Bestbuy. One of these days ill post some pics in the shared dept.

I am happy with the stereo and will be fully content when i get the DVD player installed instead of the Pioneer head unit i am using now That will go in the fies car

Old 08-26-2005, 10:40 AM

I think you missunderstood about the din kit I have. I had mine painted to match. It is black from the factory.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

nice setup you got goin on there, i was actually considering getting the rear speakers you have for all around my car, what are your impressions of them compared to stock? can you notice a big difference? also, post some pics. of your car in the the Shares section, i'd like to see your interior (maybe some before and after shots?) as it seems you have the same meticulous nature that i do

Old 08-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Enthusiast

Quick question about installing a custom stereo.

I noticed the battery in the front of the car is tiny.

Does installing a custome stereo with amps and such drain power from the front battery or the other batteries? Does this affect gas mileage at all?

Has anyone had any problems doing this?

Thanks, just got my HCH yesterday, can't wait to put in all my gear.

Old 08-29-2005, 06:10 AM
HCH Enthusist

Ok ill take some pictures today and upload them to the shares section. my car looks stock except for the amp in the trunk and the battery hook ups mopst all of it is stealt installed. i LOVE the sound these speakers have, only small problem i have is a slight hum on the tweeters in the front ( when the car is charging ) probably the 3 phase charge to the battery pack in the back. I still need to find a way to shield the speaker wires from the crossovers to the tweeters. I plan on adding a nice sub but with these speakers and the settings just right i really dont feel the need to ahve a sub. If i turn it up it shakes my mirrors so bad i can barly see out of them . It does not affect my gas mileage( but i am mostly moving ). It takes most of its power directly out of the front battery. Because there is no alternator the MCM / BCM or whatever provides a charge for the battery if you run your stereo enough you will notice that your car will come out of AUTO stop mode at traffic lights cause the MCM detects that your battery is under heavy load. Hope this answers your questions.

Last edited by Gecko483; 08-29-2005 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:05 PM
HCH Enthusist

Here are a few pictures from my mobil phone ( sorry i dont have a DVC)

This is what i g\have to do to see the deck during the day.

Sorry for the burry pic, but if you look below the deck (by the 12v outlet) that switch i installed lets me keep my stereo on if the IGN is off. ( handy when you have to open the trunk, unlock the front door etc and dont wanna have the stereo turn off then back on when you reenter the car.

This is a detail of the OEL Display.

This is my amp in the trunk. i have not yet figured out a good idea for a trunk cooler / box / sub yet .

Picture of the Rear speakers ( Trunk)

This is how i installed my battery ( YES i reversed the battery so it would be easier to install the AMP wiring kit and fuse.( along the fender by the fuse box)

thats my install it is not finished by any means as i want to upgrade toa DVD dash unit and sunvisor LCD displays (v-1004 as sold on Ebay).

i cant wait till i can afford the DVD player